after surgery - so tired and weak, in 4 weeks lost over 30 pounds
had colon surgrery and came home after 4 days, initially could not eat, and lost over 30 pounds, now I am eating small amounts, but very tired and sleep a lot. is this normal? Also, I was on blood pressure medicine and now that my blood pressure is so very low, the doctor told me not to take it.
Have you discussed this with your doc? It is not unusual to lose some weight after some forms of surgery, but 30 pounds sounds like quite a lot. Being tired and wanting to sleep after surgery is not uncommon, however if the surgery involved losing a small portion of your colon and a resection for something like diverticulitis you shouldn't be horrendously exhausted after 4 weeks. You're not going to be 'running around' at the pace you did previously, but you should be doing well. But it will also depend on you pre-surgical health history, medical condition, age and a number of other parameters.  
hello my friend well this girl i met last night at a function said she has had four colon scopes in the past four months and it has caused her to loose a lot of wieght can you help me explain why she needs to go to the doctor asap thanks-<matt