Gastroenterology Community
air trapped inside the body

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

air trapped inside the body

My husband had a perferated apendix out about 3 yrs ago an noticed a floating air pocket in his chest.Now it has moved to his lower right hip and is causing EXTREME PAIN to both hip & back. What would you suggest that might help?
Feels like an air pocket under the skin.

Thanks for your help

P.S.  He's tried aspirin, otc gas meds.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's pain....has he tried pain managment therapy...which includes electrode ultrasounds and steroid shots??
Have you addressed this with his doctor?  That should be the first step to determine exactly what this is, air normally can't move around outside the intestines.  It may be due to his surgery and needs to be addressed with his surgeon and go from there.  Good luck to you both and take care.