Gastroenterology Community
anal discharge

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

anal discharge

I have started having a discharge from my rectum, no blood, no mucus, just fluid in very small ammounts usualy after passing a stool:
No control of this with a constant need to clean

This discussion is related to rectal discharge.
Im having the same problem. It been going on for a year. I been to numerous doctors. a colonoscopy found internal hemmoriods but the doctors recommend nothing but to eat more fiber and drink more water. Other say it all in my head. I know this it driving me crazy.
Hi Guys,

If either or both of you are still dealing with this issue and have, or have not, found any answers and/or doctors are still telling you its in your imagination could you please share what you found out? I have just the other started having the very same symptoms and when i hear any doctors say its in ones imagination that red flags me big time because i know of other REAL afflictions that have come out of nowhere people are suffering with and their doctors are telling them to its in their mind even when they provide physical proof the docs wont even look at it. Please this important to me as you and i plan on getting some answers one way or the other even if i have screen folks myself to find out if its a reaction to something behavioral or dietary or whatever. I look forward to hearing from you two i can be contacted directly at repentant_soul***@****

Darrell Tucker
Atlanta, Ga.

There is something defintely going on because out of nowhere i just started having the very same problem. Being a 46yo male i have had the typical check ups before this started and all was fine. Then out of nowhere this start happening.

Now i know that many will frown, and foolishly so, because most folks are paying little attention to whats really going on this world where most are too busy just trying to survive let alone research events and evidences that are cropping up globally.

Point in fact is the chemical spraying taking place all over the globe, always rejected by those who should know, and do know, but will not talk about it for any array of reasons.

Another is the fact that a new disease the medical establishm ent is telling those who are truly suffering from it is this new very very odd disease called Morgellons disease
Is anal discharge your only problem?

If you are eating too much soluble fiber, then you can have the discharge.
If you are having anal discharge plus rectal pain/burning due to inflammation, then you probably have what I have: proctitis!   for proctitis go here and see what this sufferer has created.   I need to thank Ivan too...http://www.proctitispages.force9.co.uk/

Most people don't know that ONE cup of coffee contains more soluble fiber than two apples, and that one cup of coffee has more anti-oxidants by weight than 30 apples!  Hence, drink 6 or more cups of joe daily on top of oats etc. and you are getting alot of soluble fiber....................
...............................................
I am NOT badmouthing coffee.   I actually know that coffee due to anti-oxidants,soluble fiber and other Un-identified stuff  WILL keep: your brain,heart,colon,liver,pancreas,etc.,healthy!  
Don't believe it? then do a google search on coffee and parkinsons, alzheimers, colon cancer, diabetes,etc., to see all the research!

Take care
Just had the same start recently but I think the coffee is an excellent explanation in my case.  >30 cups a day must be a wee bit of soluble fiber. Not to mention what else it's doing to me.

I'll cut Joe down because I'd rather be more exhausted than have wet crack syndrome.  

Hope this works, thanks for the post.  Glad it's not pinworm!

Be weary of any sugar or fat substitutes.  They can cause what's call 'leaking bowel.'  Read all food labels.
C-Diff
You should get your stool checked out for C-Diff = C - difficile is a bacteria in your intestines.  It is found normally in healthy and ill people alike.  There are millions, perhaps billions of different types of bacteria in your body.  Bacteria are an important part of your health.  They help break down and digest food.  They also ward off many "bad" or foreign bacteria that you may come in contact with.  In fact, the "good" or normal bacteria on your hands can kill certain bad bacteria which you may pick up handling food or touching everyday items and fixtures.
I had the same problem and after 3 yrs of living with this they finally found it. I am 100% cured from the antibiotics but I have to say I had my stool checked out 3 yrs ago and they found nothing you might want to do a few of them. Trust me I tried everything more fiber, no coffee, no spicy foods, vegetarian for 3 weeks, less meat, no dairy, no sugarfree gum, etc but now I am cured.