Gastroenterology Community
anal growth

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

anal growth

i am a 53 year old male i am having stomach trouble and recently found a growth inside my anus. It is small and round and appears to be hard maybe the size of a pea. It doesnt hurt or bleed and is skin colored, i am very afraid it could be cancer as i have had many skin cancers due to living in florida all my life. I am scared to death as i also have a severe anxiety disorder and constantly worrying can anyone help me with what this growth might be..Thank you
Swinnie, it sounds like it could be a small hemorrhoid, but the only way to know what it really is, is to contact your doc and go in to have it checked out.
I have a procedure scheduled for Wednesday pretty nervous about it. Growth is not in a place the doctor could see it and could not tell based simply on touch. Thanks for your help and info.