anal leakage
I am a 26 year old male with Hepatititis C. I have had it for years now and so far my liver is imflamed but working. Last nite I awoke to leakage on my bed that had come from the anus. It was a brown mucus like fluid. I then got up and went to the toilet and more liquid came out. I felt the need in my stomach to have a movement and felt the need to push down. However I have been quite constipated due to narcotics and methadone that I am on. I am quite worried that this could be a sign of liver shutdown. Could this be my liver shutting down or is it a symptom of something else. I am very worried.
Often times leakage can come from hemorrhoids that don't allow the rectal area to close down properly. It's possible if you're constipated and pushing a bit you may have some that you're not aware of. But it's something you may want to check out with your doc.