appendicitis?
My daughter was seen at a hospital almost 2 weeks ago for pain in the lower right side of her abdomen.  They did a CT scan and a ultrasound of her stomach.  The test came back showing a enlarged or abnormal appendix with inflammation.  The transfered her to a childrens hospital and ended up not doing the surgery for appendicitis.  They said that all she has is an inflamed appendix and no other symptoms of appendicitis.  We followed up the next few days because she was still having mild pain, but severe pain when pushing on the appendix area.  Not one doctor we have been to has given me any answers to what is wrong with her.  They say nothing to help.  My daughter has said that the constant pain has gone away but it is still extremely painful to the touch on her appendix area.  I just want to know what this could be and if it is serious or not.  Thanks to whoever can help.
i would say find another doc!! another hospital!! this is serious and needs attention now..my 12 yo son is going thru this right now.. went to the er and they sent us home only to discover 4 hrs later that his appendix was ruptured..he had the surgery but now more complications because in the last 2months my son has also had 2 brain surgeries for tumor!! good luck, get her some help now!! demand it!!!