Gastroenterology Community
arm pain with stomach problems

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

arm pain with stomach problems

I'm trying to figure out if the arm pain and shoulder pain has anything to do with my stomach.  Frequently a few hours after I eat I start to have sharp arm pains and aches that go from my shoulder down to my hand.  My stomach gurgles and churns but other than that I have no other symptoms of heart burn or anything else.  I have had every test done to my heart and I do not have any problems with it.  Is it possible to have arm pain related to your stomach?
It is possible it could be due to your stomach and may be related to conditions having to due with esophageal spasms and gastritis. But it's also possible it could be due to your heart, so please go and have it checked out. Both conditions can have no symptoms whatsoever before major problems are seen. So please see your doc.
Thanks for the comment.  I've had echo, EKG's, stress tests, and all that stuff done and the doctors say there's nothing wrong.  I just had blood work and there's nothing wrong there either.  I wish I could find a competent doctor and find out why I'm having these pains.  
Despite your not mentioning any problems/symptoms of GERD, see if your doc will do an EGD and check you out for GERD - and make sure you're tested for H. pylori.
I have been having problems with my stomach for over 4 months, regular visits to the doctors! been tested for H. Pylori - negative, had ultra sounds, found small gallstones - doc told me they are too small to be effecting me. I also get pains like cramps down my arm.. when I get the severe! stomach pains it travels to my shoulder and round into my back all on my left said... I'm currently waiting to see a consultant ready for Endoscopy. I'm pretty sure its acid reflux/ulcer. Whatever it is i want it seeing too and the pain to stop!