b12 malabsorbtion
I have taken B12 injections (methylcobalamin) for 7 years starting with daily injections at 2000mcg, then up to 10,000mcg and now  (last 4 months)at  5000mcg with folic acid daily.  A recent MMA test showed that my B12 level was still low.  My symptoms include periferal neuropathy, tremor  in hands, weakness in leg and hand muscles, blurred vision, very low energy. I have read that these symptoms are typical of B12 deficiency.  I am  a 67 years old female.  My doctor has run all the "normal" tests such as CBC etc.
   What can I do to absorb B12 and alleviate these symptoms?  
   What tests should be done to determine why I am not absorbing B12?
Thank you very much!
Check for celiac disease. That problem can happen in adults - even through most docs don't believe it - and it can cause all the symptoms you're relating. Make sure the doc checks more than just your transglutaminase levels - there are very decent fecal antibody tests for gluten issues - check out enterolab.com to read up on it.