Gastroenterology Community
band around upper abdomen that takes your breath away

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I had H pylori twice in 6 years.  Can this be the caused of the band around my upper abdomen?  Also, I am bruising so easily that I dont know where it comes from.  I have bruises all over the left side of my abdomen from the left breast to the belly botton.  I also have calcium deposits on my left ribs.  These really hurts, my primary physician said that she could feel the calcium deposits and that it is very strange.  I have problems with my bile ducts and the sphinter of Oddi I will have the surgery to saw the sphinter open.  The name of this procedure is very long and it is done by a Liver transplant specialist. What is strange also I have bone lesions in my calvarium frontal left.  They just found a hemangioma on my T1 vertebral bodies. I wonder if all these is related.  I have  DDD of my cervical spine and my lower lumbar.  I also have about 6 bulging discs and arthritis of my spine with advanced right sided neural foraminal narrowing.  Any advice is welcome.

This discussion is related to upper stomach feels so tight most of the time.
pancreas issues can cause this pain,and even lead to the bruising "look"
thanks for your reply.  I had a ct of the abdomen and everything is Okay including my pancreas.  But I know that it doesn't mean anything.  I had MRIs done a couple of weeks from eachother in different facilities and got two different results.  From nothing wrong to stones in the common bile duct.  Thanks for the input, Elena  
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers