belly button hernia, 30yr old.. operate or not?
My doctor diagnosed my slight bulge over my belly button as a hernia. At the time, it never caused any discomfort. The doctor said surgery is an option but not necessary? Lately, its been very tender and sore!
Should I have the surgery or not??
My husband has had his for many years with no pain or tenderness.  If the pain and soreness is new, then contact your doctor as this makes it a whole new ball game and may change his opinion on the surgery.  Take care...
Thank you mammo,

I was recommended to see a specialist by my doctor yesterday. May need surgery :(
Well, I am scheduled for surgery this week on my umbilical (bellybutton) hernia. I’m fairly nervous about it and would like to know what to expect during recovery?
I had the surgery done a year ago. The first few days is terrible but recovery for me was easy. Sleep on the couch on your side, cause that way you won't want to roll over like you would in bed