Gastroenterology Community
bile drainage after 15 days of galbladder removal

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My mother (55 yrs age) had a gallstone so to reomve that she had  Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure on November 9 . As the bile drainage was not stoping so the Surgeon had to do open cholecystectomy. That was done on 13 th Nov. 2009 and they arranged hepitic drain via T-tube and abdominial drain.

There isn't any drainage from T tube however the drainage from  abdominial drain is still there even after 14 days of that.Amount of drain is 170cc to 180cc everyday except one day it was 45cc.

She was done dye tetsing (cholangiography) on 20 Nov and after that she had a fever for 2 days (100 degree F)..and her TLC count then was 16100 and LFT is 14.

She is diabetic and hyper tensive.  Kindly advise me that when the bile drainage should be stopped normally?