Gastroenterology Community
bile gastritis v. acid reflux

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

bile gastritis v. acid reflux

i know the symptoms of acide reflux. how are the symptoms of bile gastritis different than those of acid reflux. i have had a burning pain underneath my right breast for 4 years now along with an unusual amount of belching. i have had 3 endoscopies..one doctor diagnosed me with bile gastritis bc of the amount of visible bile in the stomach and put me on carafate and ppi. the carafate only made me nauseaus and did not help much. a second doctor, after endoscopy, said i have only mild gastritis and some reflux caused by stress. he put me on prevacid and with time and some stress management, my symptoms improved but never totally went away. i rarely every have true "acid reflux" symptoms..only a burning sensation under the right breast that is sometimes relieved by eating and if not, can almost always be relieved by xanax.
with prevacid alone, there are some weeks the symptoms almost totally disappear and then sometimes the symptoms persist for days even with the prevacid. i do not see a difference if i eliminate certain foods. the only things i am sure of is that i cannot  eat chocolate or ice cream.
thank you for your time.

This discussion is related to Bile in stomach.