black bits in stool. worried about internal bleeding
I took some very potent psilocybe mushrooms, along with a fajita from a mexican restaurant. After it kicked in, I had to go vomit. I heaved three times, vomiting the fajita back up, as well as the mushrooms. On the third time, a small handful of blood came up with it. It has been about 20 hours since the incident. I was told to watch for black specks in my stool. I had my first bowel movement since a few minutes ago and there was some black specs. Not obvious ones though. I had to take a q-tip and sift a little bit. I've read other places that you only need to worry if your stool is dark or black/tarry. I'm  not on any medication, and the most recent vitamins I've taken was B-12 and one daily everything you need kind of thing. I fizzled out of taking them completely about four days ago. Can anyone shed some light? I'm worried about internal bleeding. I haven't gotten dizzy at all, although I haven't been very active. I haven't had a problem keeping down food or liquids.
Casey, if you were bleeding internally the whole of the stool would look black and it would be sticky or tar-like. If you continue to worry, check with your doc tomorrow and ask to run a fecal occult test to check for the presence of blood.