Aa
A
A
Close
black bits in stool. worried about internal bleeding
I took some very potent psilocybe mushrooms, along with a fajita from a mexican restaurant. After it kicked in, I had to go vomit. I heaved three times, vomiting the fajita back up, as well as the mushrooms. On the third time, a small handful of blood came up with it. It has been about 20 hours since the incident. I was told to watch for black specks in my stool. I had my first bowel movement since a few minutes ago and there was some black specs. Not obvious ones though. I had to take a q-tip and sift a little bit. I've read other places that you only need to worry if your stool is dark or black/tarry. I'm  not on any medication, and the most recent vitamins I've taken was B-12 and one daily everything you need kind of thing. I fizzled out of taking them completely about four days ago. Can anyone shed some light? I'm worried about internal bleeding. I haven't gotten dizzy at all, although I haven't been very active. I haven't had a problem keeping down food or liquids.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Casey, if you were bleeding internally the whole of the stool would look black and it would be sticky or tar-like. If you continue to worry, check with your doc tomorrow and ask to run a fecal occult test to check for the presence of blood.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources