Gastroenterology Community
black worm in stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

black worm in stool

this morning i was going to the bathroom and when i stood up i saw a small thin black worm(approx .75 inches in length) squirming next to my stool in the toilet!could someone please tell me what this is and how to treat it,as i would be very embarassed to go see the doctor for this.thank you in advance,jimmy
You need to ask a doctor or a lab to get a stool collection kit. Then you should pick that worm when it appears next time (it may be hidden within the stool). Worms are treated by special antibiotics, but you won't get them without prescription. Doctors are used to hear and see more you can imagine...If I can "dissapoint" you a little: having worms is not a big news.
i woke up this morning and i found this black thing that look like a worm in my stool and i ,m very terified please help