bleeding one week after colonoscopy/polyp removed
Had polyp removed one week + a day ago during colonoscopy. Post- instructions said to wait one week for any heavy activity. Today decided to mow lawn and did trimming.  Had bloody stool with moderate amount of blood in stool and a little bright red blood at the end.  I assume I caused some new bleeding with the activity, but don't know how serious it is.  Do I go to ER or wait and see if it stops?  My MD does not take call on weekends, so I am left to decide for myself what I should do.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks..
Well, consider this.  Usually after a colonoscopy, a person will get a little constipated, takes a while for waste to move easily down a digestive tract that has been completely emptied.  If you have had a little of that, then probably the blood you saw had to do with that hard waste pushing on the sensitive tissues where it comes out, hemorrhoids are usually the culprit of blood like yours.  Put some lotion or plain KY jelly on the area after bathing, so next time you have a movement, it won't hurt those tissues too much.  Also drink extra water and slowly add more fiber type foods to your diet.  

As for the place where polyp came out, it could be it did bleed for a while, then clotted as normal, and really should not have bled anymore after one week.  The activity you did helps waste move, so I think that's all that did to you, is get some old waste out of there.  I would say you would go to the ER if it begins to dribble blood when you are not in the toilet, rather it bleeds as you go about your normal activities, OR if a whole lot of blood comes out when you go, not just some on the waste or tissue.

In the meantime, rest up today and lay around, and on Monday morning early, call your doc and tell him what happened, and he can take over from there.  Just keep in mind that the body will clot by itself and you shouldn't just bleed profusely and endlessly, so I do not think you are in any imminent danger, just only if it keeps bleeding outta there when you're not in the toilet.
Thanks for the info.  Had colonoscopy one week ago and did some heavy lifting in the yard today.  Same thing, blood in the stool.  Just happened about 20 minutes ago so I will wait and see.  Thanks again.
Pete_T
My daughter had to have heart surgery (leakage of the aorta) a basketball player and all - - she had a colonoscopy of which she had 10 polyps - one they went digging for and she ended up in hospital bleeding (she is on coumadin for life) - - this is exceptional -  Blood on the stool as Pete said would not bemy major worry - at least for a few days - AND TAKE LIFE EASY- but dripping blood into the toilet would mean to me that something hasn't sealed up - - Like I said my daughter had 10 polyps and when they went digging for one is when she had  a problem - did your Doctor indicate any problems while you were having test??