Gastroenterology Community
bloating, stomach pain

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

bloating, stomach pain

I've seen multiple doctors about this but I've had stomach pain that is persistant and is probably in my small intestine according to the dr. and also bloating and fatigue and I have developed food sensitivites to egg and soy.  I've been tested for celiacs and chrons.  This has been going on for over two years and I am seeing a GI specialist but don't know if I should get further tests or what tests I should get or what is wrong.  He said it sounds like I may have some sort of enteric infection in the small GI but it isn't well understood in research.  Does anyone have any insight into this problem?
Tags: bloating
note that the two comments from ERob are from two separate individuals.
Avatar n tn
I had the same problem with my small intestine; there is a twist in it, and the GI doctor put me on Fibercon (2 nightly).  Becoming regular has helped a lot, and Fibercon can be taken safely every night because it is fiber.  Give it a try.  I think it will really help you.  Good luck.