Gastroenterology Community
bloating after gallbladder removal
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bloating after gallbladder removal

I had my gall bladder removed over 2 years ago and I am still having terrible problems with bloating, gas, and loose stools.  I have also gained some weight around my abdomin (abdomen).  I have always been a very thin person with a small waist but that is not the case anymore.  I become very uncomfortable after I eat.  I have changed my diet (changed to low-fat, increased my fiber intake, added probiotic suppliments)  I feel lousy all the time except when I'm hungry and there is no food in my digestive system.  What can I do to make eating and digesting food easier and less uncomfortable?
Related Discussions
I see that your question is 3 years old, but if you're still searching for an answer, I have something that should help you.  I discovered a blog several years ago suggesting Caltrate 600 would help with the diarrhea.  It's' the supplement in the purple and white bottle.  I take one after breakfast, which works for the noon meal.  I take one after lunch, which works for the evening meal.  Some people have to take another one during the night for the breakfast meal.  You'll need 3-4 hours for each one to work.  This works by absorbing the excess bile produced by your liver, which can no longer be stored by your gallbladder.  I hope this helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank