Gastroenterology Community
bloating/hard/painful, what could this possibly mean?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Back in early May I had woken up one morning and when I stretched the left part of my stomach poked out and was very very hard.  It didn't hurt or anything, but I did have pain a few days before in my lower stomach and my back, I was pregnant at the time, in late May I had a miscarriage, then a couple weeks ago I woke up and rolled over to my back and notice my lower part of my stomach hurting and having some pressure, I felt my stomach, while still laying on my back, and the whole bottom of it was like blown up kind of.  It was like having a baby bump, but I'm not pregnant.  It was very hard and in certain spots hurt a little to push down on it.  I have a small simple cyst on my right ovary, and cysts on my right kidney.  About a week or two ago I had lower stomach pain while going to the bathroom(#2) but afterwards was fine.  Then the stomach thing started.  But I got up and used the bathroom and cooked breakfast and then realized it had gone away.  I notice it more while laying flat on my back, sometimes it doesn't buldge out but if I press on my stomach it's very very hard, like pressing on a rock and I feel as if I have lots on pressure.  If I lay flat on my stomach, like on the floor, it's uncomfortable and I can feel lots of pressure like I'm full of something in there.  If I press ob my stomach it also hurts and feels very uncomfortable.  Could this be a digestive problem or something much more then that?  What could this be?
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers