Gastroenterology Community
blood in stool

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

blood in stool

I went to the bathroom this morning and there was a lot of blood in my stool.  I thought that I was coming on my period.  After wiping myself and checking for where the blood was, I had to go to the bathroom again, only this time, more blood than stool came out.  

what could this be?
hi, this internal bleeding could be a result of herrmoroids, diverticulosis, crohns or ulcerative colitis or it could just be a temporary episode, i wouldnt take the risk, if this continues for more than 48 hours, you should consult a gp.
You don't want ot see your GP but an Gastroenterologist who is specialized in this area.
Avatar n tn
I been having lots of red blood on my stool and the paper, it's like loose blood and clods of blood and have discomfort in my stomach erea it's been a while but now it has increase.  Please advice