Gastroenterology Community
blood/jelly in stool

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

blood/jelly in stool

I am a 26 yr old healthy female.  The past 6 months in every bowel movement I have had bright red blood clots on my stool. The past 2 years I have had jelly like material on every bowl movement. Sometimes the jelly mucus is blood streaked.  There is no blood on the toilet paper and the water is never bloody.  It is not painful when I go, no rectal pain or anything.  My stool is normal otherwise, no diarrhea, its soft normal consistancy.  No constipation.  About 6 months ago I did have horrible stomach cramping for about 48 hours. i could not stand up straight Cramping so bad I could not move and breathing/talking was hard to do. (it felt like gas pains but x100000) I did not go to a hospital because I was on vacation in the mountains with no hospital for 2 hours and I was not able to sit in a car for that amount of time.  There was no vomiting with the episode.  I was not able to have a bowel movement even tho it felt like i had to.  The pain slowly decreased after about 20 hours and still no bowel movement or gas produced.  After about 48 hours the pain finally subsided with still no gas/bm.  The pain started in my lower abd and lower back, then moved to my left side and finally my diaphram.  I just put the episode to gas/constipation. I was crying and could not move at all in bed and the only way I was able to lay was on my back without moving a muscle bc the pain was so intense.(I am very pain tolerant so for me to be in that condition the pain had to be excrutiating)  I have had the blood clots on my stool ever since.  I still have not been to a dr. i have an appointment at the end on the month.  Just wondering if anybody has had a similar situation or any ideas on what is going on.  I have had no history of any abdominal or bm problems in the past.  I also now have occasional pain in my Right upper quadrant by my 3-4th rib from the bottom.  If anybody has any ideas or similar experiances to share it would be greatly appreciated.
It is good you are getting to a doctor.  It sounds like it could be ulcerative colitis or crohn's.  Good luck.