Gastroenterology Community
breathlessness whenever getting chronic gastric pain

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I am suffering from chronic gastic pain.Whenever I have this gastic pain I have shortness of breath and frequently vomit out blood,

Qes:whenever i get chronic gastric pain why am I going breathless and vomit blood

your reply would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.
If you're vomiting blood, you need to be seen by a good GI doc and have some testing done. The reason for the presence of blood needs to be investigated.
Avatar n tn
what about the breathlessness?
hi, you vomiting blood might be from ulcers and your breathlessness also might be from the amount of gas in your digestive system, you need to be seen too immediately, perforated ulcers can be life threatening,
The breathlessness is normally due to as the above person stated  the amount of acid and gas in your stomach. They can create a tightened feeling that leaves you feeling like you cant quiet catch your breath. HOWEVER like the people above me i know from having asked my doctor that blood in your vomit is not a good thing, and tends to be a cause for concern and further investigation. Blood being excreated from any end, be it in stools or from throwing up is normally something to worry about, not stress over but get checked ASAP. Hope you feel better soon!!
You're the victim of Gastroesophageal reflux and you should have to change your lifestyle rather consulting with many doctors. Vomiting blood might be a serious issues. You may have worms in your body for the reason a good doctor also can't able to diagnostic it. Shortness of breath also a issues of weakness in lungs and worms, SPIROMETRY test also helpful to understand your breathing issues. You didn't mentioned your Age, Height, Weight and BP so its hard to predict. Check your BP, SPIROMETRY Test, Lipid Profile and RCB Blood Test and endoscopy will help to identify.