burning chest pain and stuffed nose
I am a 32 yr old male, 5'6ft , 185 lbs. Recently I have encountered on and off burning chest pain but different to normal heartburn which you can literally taste it as it travels to your throat. I feel this burning sensation between my breast/chest bone and my chest skin (right in the middle of the chest) and often travels to my breasts bones. Along with this pain comes hot flashes as if I were burning up inside yet my temperature is normal at 98 degrees. I feel as if I am dehydrated and I can literally feel coolness as I drink a cold beverage traveling down my esophagus. I have also encountered a stuffed up nose especially at night that will not clear up with nasal decongestants. I have felt weak and sleepy because my stuffed up nose will not let me get a good nights sleep. I have normal blood pressure 115/75 but my blood results did show that my cholesteral is high (around 190) and my triglycerates are really high (around 275). My electrocardiogram came out to be normal. I am really scared that this symptoms might be some kind of esophegeal cancer, breast cancer, or lung cancer since I am exposed to chemical substances (automotive refinishing) at my job. My doctor says it is gas reflux but the medicine treatment/diet that he gave me helped reduce these symptoms but did not radicate them since they are back. Please help me if someone out there has encountered these symptoms and what was their diagnosis. Thanks
I haven't gotten a diagnosis but I am also searching for an explanation.  I found your post by typing in my symptoms of esophageal burning and hot flashes.  I don't really have hot flashes, but I was wondering if the burning I was having was really an internal hot flash so to speak, since I have not been able to find a digestive solution and I am a 55 year old woman who is going through menopause.  Obviously, we don't share that in common, but the common denominator could be an hormonal issue.  I was talking to a woman about hormonal issues whose husband had similar symptoms -- burning in the esophagus, allergies -- when his testosterone was low.  She also said that she had a doctor once who knew a lot about hormonal issues and he said that there were only 2 doctors in the world who knew a lot about hormonal issues and they didn't know anything.  My point is that I have been trying to address this issue digestively -- acid reflux -- which is what the doctors have said, but the treatments haven't worked.  Not only that, but sometimes I can eat spicy things without any repercussions  and sometimes when I drink a glass of water it causes burning.  I have had an endoscopy, an electrocardiogram, an ultrasound for the gall bladder and other internal organs, my cholesterol is good, I don't smoke, drink.  I eat good foods, take vitamins, have blood pressure of 110/56, am 5'8", weigh 135 lbs.  I have also had the weakness you describe and the stuffy nose.  My sister is 5 years older than I am, had similar symptoms which left 4 years ago, so I am hoping mine will clear up on their own.  I guess what I'm saying is that you may be dealing with an allergy or an hormonal issue.  Those are the things I would check out I guess.  I'm close to concluding that mine is hormonal.  Allergies can also come on relative to hormonal issues.  I realize your post was a year ago, so if you gotten a solution to your problem, feel free to let me know what it was.  Thanks.