Gastroenterology Community
burning rectum

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

burning rectum

Hello.  I am having some problems around my rectum.  I have been having a burning sensation for the past week that can get extremely intense.  I hurts tremdously when i move when  lying on my back or when im walking a move a certain way.  It usually hurts when my butt gets moved.  It feels like someone is tearing my rectum.  ive done lots of research I think it might be a tear around my rectum.  I do not have any hemmrhoids that I can see and there is no bleading just the pain and burning especially when I have a bowel movement.  I was wondering if you might beable to tell me what I can do to relieve tha pain until it heals if that what I have.  Ive tried the hemrrhoid creams and suppositories but they dont seem to help and everything ive read they should help in a few days and ive been on them for over a week now.  I really think i tis a tear and know it will take some time to heal and was wondering what I can do until then and to keep it from tearing more.  
Well, until you can perhaps visit a gastro doc and let him treat the fissure you likely have, via medicines or surgery, the best thing I've found that eliminates irritation in the back end is plain KY jelly.  You buy a tube of it at the drugstore, get the plain kind, and after every time you bathe, slather some of that in the area, kind of push some up inside a little too.  It's a great lubricant, water soluble so it doesn't mess up your clothes, altho you will notice at first that you have it there.  Whenever you have a bowel movement, you can again put some KY jelly on damp tissue and do your final wipe with that.  It comes in both a large tube and a smaller portable kind.  Obviously if you have constipation and straining, it will keep annoying the problem, so the three things for that are: eat enough fiber, drink enough water, and regularly get in some casual walking.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers