burning sensation in ribcage
I am a 20 year old  with a constant burning sensation and pain under my right and left  rib cage. Its just like the skin burning situation and no pain under the burning place( rib cage) I have shared these systoms with doctors and they do not know what is causing the problem. Most recently I have been sick on my stomach a lot. I am not sure what to do because the burning is now cause discomfort at night. I am a non smoker and I do not drink alcohol.i have gone through various test but all are ok, now doctor advise me to go for the endroscopy  Any advice will be helpful.  

I have had 2 EDG's - one in Feb. and another in April.  They are not painful - you're asleep and it's a quick test.  It will allow the doc to check out your stomach.  Do you have any other symptoms?  Nausea, fever, sweats?
You aren't being treated for any type of acid reflux?  If you aren't taking any of those type meds, I wouldn't think it would cause any harm.  
I am a 44 yr old female, with a burning sensation under my right and left ribcage across and it feels like my stomach is belching. It feels like something is pulling from the inside skin. Its normally when i want to use the loo or when i'm very much starved.
I'm very much troubled with bowel movements, i have to drink a laxative in order for me to be regular or then use the loo.
I havent been to a doctor, but am very worried about it. The burning sensation now and then wakes me at night.
Can you please help me with this.
did you ever figure out what this is?