can't get rid of pinworms
I can't get rid of pinworms. Have had them for 8 years now.  I have taken many prescriptions and over the counter meds and home remedies.  Now my rectum hurts.  Need advice on getting rid of these horrible things.  I'm fed up!!
Important cleansing with enema, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enema
not drinking!!!
I wa talking about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_bicarbonate
I'm new here, found this place the most active on PW.
I want to exterminate them !

I'm 58 male, look after my health generally etc etc etc
But these PW's recently, as recently as 4 months ago have come into my life and I do not know where from.

I have tried much of what's been said here, I am going to try the Tea Tree Oil method.

My new mission in life because of what I have experienced/experiencing is the parasite PW needs to be dealt with. I am sure modern science and medicine can find a way, a treatment process that will eradicate PW effectively, and hopefully with natural ingredients. There HAS to be a solution somewhere once and for all.
I also hope the Big Pharma are not having a lend of us with so many ineffective "try this and try that's" so as to line their own pockets with other people's suffering. It's up to us, those who suffer PW and have tried and tried to no avail.

Anyway, I will be buying some Tea Tree Oil, make a dose then post back here to say what happened.

My idea as a lay person, I think the "attack" ought to be 2-fold.
First, kill the parasite effectively while it is alive in the gut.
Secondly, some may survive, therefore a "trick the female" when she lays her eggs with a cream that only reacts to the enzymes of the eggs and whatever else, that gooey stuff.
The cycle has to be broken is what I am trying to say.

Bye for now

Day 1
I actually started to do something on Friday, trying out Conbantrim for the 2nd time.
It did not seem to work, or perhaps I was a bit naive on PW at the time and expected it would go away automatically.

The more I tried, the worse it got and then I got used to the cycles, every morning around 2.30 am, the itching would start.
I'd shower and use Oil of Cloves where there was itching just so I could get some sleep.

Well, enough is enough and started some basic online research, what makes these PW's tick.

They thrive on glucose it seems. OK, reduce sugar intake
Hygene: everything got washed this weekend.
4-5 showers per day as soon as I get an itch, straight in the shower, and change of underwear even if it meant 4-5 times a day.
They go straight into hot soapy water to "hard boil" the eggs, just incase.

Today's dinner was the attack
I bought the Tea Tree Oil, made some tea and added 2 teaspoons of oil, drank it and waited.
Sure enough, I think these PWs "know" something is about to happen and sure enough, another itch, another shower and used Oil of Cloves there again.
My dinner was simple, with spices I added instinctively

Main course was Lasagna, ( frozen variety - Microwave to heat )
1 cup green beans and 2 carrots, steamed.
Mixed lots of pepper and sprinkled with top quality Indian curry powder.
On the side of my plate and dab of hot english mustard.

I took no notice of the discomfort, know this may upset whatever PW's are going to have dinner with me.

As I was nearly finishing my dinner, sure enough, an itch.
Another shower, another change of underwear,  and out I went to see family for an hour or so. ( They are not aware of what I'm doing)
Drinking coffee with family, I got an itch, as expected.
I get home, another shower, ( about 6th for the day so far ) and settle in for the evening watching TV.
1 minor itch, this time I used Oil  of Cloves, and waited.
It's been 2 hours now, no itch, but waiting the dreaded 2.30am, I will be ready and prepared, after I sign off here I will be making another tea it 2 teaspoons of Tea Tree Oil, and some cloves.
I will drink it all with the tea leaves, no sugar, and plenty of spring water that I but in 10Ltr casks.
As one may see what I'm doing is the 2-prong attack.
In the gut and and shower as soon as I get an itch. That way the eggs may not have a chance to hatch.
I will win this, and hope it helps others.

Will blog again after the 2.30am expectations.

[I bought the Tea Tree Oil, made some tea and added 2 teaspoons of oil, drank it and waited.]
Could you give a weblink to the store where you purchased Tea Tree Oil food grade? Is it true amount 2 teaspoons? I didn't find any notation of DRINKING Tea Tree Oil, it always says - for external use.
If there is no link, could you just show a photo of the bottle and instruction?
(BTW, after extensive usage of powder of mentioned herbs [7 days 1 teaspoon per day of the powder] + cleansing with sodium bicarbonate I significantly reduced itching symptoms. I am not 100% sure that I am done with those ugly *******, but let's pray for better good).

I don't think there is a food grade tea tree oil, as it's mainly for external use.
I'm desperate and I'm trying anything within reason.
I do know this, they like it if we eat sweat things cos from what I have read so far, it's glucose that gets them active.
Anyway,
this is what I have experienced so far;
After taking the first cup of tea, I noticed some "last ditch" attempts for maybe 1 or 2 that got away and experienced an itch. I showered and my underwear gets put in a hot water wash immediately to boil off any eggs, just incase.
The next day, I did not notice any activity as much. Maybe a small itch, so I showered and did the same thing again.
That night, surprisingly at 2.30am, it was "peace", there was no itching, but got an itch around 5am. I showered and drank another cup of tea with TT Oil, no sugar. I also broke the tea bag and drank the lot with the tea leaves, followed by water,NO SUGAR.
What I noticed is not a complete eradication, some may survive, I know this if there is an itch. Immediately if I don't have time for a shower I use Oil oof Cloves on tip of my finger and rub it on where there is the itch. This I read kills the eggs. That's what the itch is, laying of eggs. This is my main aim, to break the cycle of the next generation even if 1 or 2 worms seem to "get away".
In conclusion, I think so far what the Tea Tree Oil does is slows them down inside the gut, make it's unpleasant, and most may die. If they die, then no female can escape and lay eggs.
If it causes constipation, then I used some psylium husks I bough from my health food shop and added to my muesli breakfast. But drank lots of water.
I passed, showered and sure enough I got an itch and it was rather "pronounced". So I used the same trick again and wiped some Oil of Cloves.  
I will keep "fighting" this and hope some of the scientists read this blog in the hope they can see it's not only in the gut, it's the egg laying that needs to be broken to. That I believe is a major key.
Also, I'm "getting to know" these critters, their timing, ( times of the day when I get that itch) and if it is significant to what I am doing with the Tea Tree Oil. It seem it is, it seem to slow them down and the 2.30am became 5.am itch, and sometimes during the day, that time has changed to, sort "delayed" cos possibly the T T Oil is affecting them.

I going for a 24 hour duration of no itch and some unbroken sleep, this is driving me nuts to be honest and my work is suffering to.

The other thin g that comes to mid is a question.
Why all of a sudden has this pin worm become such an epidemic ?
Is it die to so much sugar in our fast foods, is it because so much of our food chain is GM and we no longer have what it takes so the body can build it's own immunity?
Why has Pin Worms become such an epidemic all of a sudden ?
And why arn't they doing more research and a one and for all solution, especially to concentrate on breaking the cycle when the eggs are laid ?

[Is it die to so much sugar in our fast foods, is it because so much of our food chain is GM and we no longer have what it takes so the body can build it's own immunity?]
Did you ask yourself why not everyone has PW ?!
When I search in the internet about whole enterobiosis (PW infection) I figured that it is our immune system that can't fight and prevent hatching parasites. I also figured that taking Zn supplement increases immune function. I bought 50 mg package and taking 1 tablet per day about two months. It is also important to provide good bacteria population in our intestine - so I am taking acidophilus tablets.
The only thing I can think of, I had a guest boarding at my place since xmas till a month ago after she came out of hospital and required some care, it started around then. This lady has since left, but I did notice she has a few abnormal habits in regards to hygiene, such as not washing hands and excessive use of alcohol. (I don't drink btw). Never before have a I had this problem with PW. I do have yougurt and mix crushed garlic, have had probiotics and a good food diet for a number of years.
So I don't know why I have this to such an extent at all.

The Tea Tree Oil brand is Bosisto, there are many other brand names, I don't think there are any rated for consumption, it's mainly for external use.
It's a natural oil and I'm still here to tell the tale after many cups of tea with a few drops of oil, so far so good.

Just a few minutes ago, I got an itch again at the usual time, 2.30am'ish.

I will try seed of apples, they need to be chewed.
The seeds of apples, also known as “pips”, contain a sugar/cyanide compound called “amygdalin”, which turns into hydrogen cyanide when it is metabolized in your body.  

Even if you are not drinking, 50 ml of good cognac + half of a cup of good sweet-sweet tea at 2 a.m and 50 ml of warm castor oil food grade after 20-30 min will give you good parasite extermination effect.
Here I am at midnight. Up worrie about these damn things. I have 4 young children & realized last week my daughter 5 was infected. then inspection of my 2 yr olds stool indicated she too infected. I knew I was once I heard of them and discovered my daughters infection. I went crazy, found pin-x, whole Fam took it. My daughter seemed to have immediate relief. I can still feel them just 2 days later, although garlic pill punctured and inserted seems to help a lot. I've also slather on Vicks. I burned myself & my babies with clove oil, but figured if it worked, it's worth it. It's not. Also tried taking essential oils internally which I believe may kill them off, but not sure. Loads of them come out in my poop, appearing dead. They are rather large, some an inch long & translucent goo-like. Not like the tiny white thread one I saw in my 2 yr old's stool. I'm also taking several cinnamon pills, garlic pills, zinc. I have Hashimoto's, so my immune system seems to be garbage. I told my dr about it and she offered no help, figuring since I was getting the pin-x in the mail the next day, it was taken care of. If I find something that works for me, I'll be sure to post it!

I think I nailed it, but it became meticulously enduring to say the least.
What I used was the tea and drops of tea tree oil, chewed some cloves
and then drank the tea. First in the morning before breakfast and before dinner.
It seems though, there be some instant itching when I drank the tea.
I was ready with oil of cloves to rub where there was itching.
The itching "volume" varied. Sometimes it was mild, other times it was
ferocious, as if a large female gave it her all to infect me with eggs.
Showering helped the best, but showering 4-5 times a day just became too much.
However, it's become less, tonite I was able to watch TV and felt comfortabe.

Breakfast conisted of my usual cereal and increased my intake of psylium husks.
This improved regularity and made sure I was ******** well.
Drank lots of water and walking.
My luch and dinner became spiced with indian curry, hot english mustard and pepper.
If for example I had a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich, I would make the tomato from red to black
with pepper. ANYTHING to make the pinworms feel NOT WELCOMEd !.

I feel the tea with the tea tree oil drops was my saviour after days.
I'll continue wit this even if I don't feel any itching for about another 2 weeks.
Do not want to ever go through this again nor should anyone else.

Hope a cream is developed so it deals with the eggs before they hatch.
I also hope a spray is developed specifically for pinworm eggs in the environment, therefore
eradicating this pest once and for all from the face of the earth.
I forgot to add, NO SUGAR OR SWEETS, during my treatment, as they they thrive on glucose and become more active.
The key is to attack them in the gut and the eggs at the same time. They do seem to lay eggs when under threat, a sort of "last hurah" before the female and her colony dies.
They may seem like simple little critters, but in my "game on" positive attitude
these critters seem to have a a form of communication. Otherwise how do they know when to vigously lay eggs each time I drink the teas and spices.

The other thing, is chopped fresh garlic swallowed with spoonfull of yogurt.

bye for now, hope all is well and don't give up, exterminate these pests.
I completely got rid of my pinworms but they came back. I take showers everyday now and stay away from pinworms... but I believe I got them back from my sister.... what should I do? I didn't know she had pinworms till I noticed her scratching her butt at night and going to her room saying she doesn't feel good. On a daily basis... what do I do? Should I talk to my sister and not use the same toilet as her or what? I'm very confused. Please help me, I don't want to deal with this hell again after I possibly get rid of the pinworms I have now.
The leaky gut in small intestines allows the parasites to leak into the blood stream and travel to all other organs and parts of the body.
A weak lung barrier allows them to set up colonies in the lungs and nasal passages and nose. They can also set up colonies in the vagina, and ears, eyes and brain.
Bio Films
Biofilms are densely packed communities of microbial cells that grow on living or inert surfaces and surround themselves with secreted polymers. Many bacterial species form biofilms, and their study has revealed them to be complex and diverse. The structural and physiological complexity of biofilms has led to the idea that they are coordinated and cooperative groups, analogous to multicellular organisms.
Bio films allow parasites and candida to become hidden from the immune system, and allows bacteria to be resistant to antibiotics.
This  Allergy Research product Lumbrokinase  (http://www.vitaminshoppe.com) melts bio film.
after having 9months of no success killing the parasites, I now take 1 tablespoon of diatomaceous earth in 10 oz water 2 x a day on empty stomach, 1 100mg of wormazole 2x a day, and 1 lumbrokinase 2x a day, and I hardly itch at all. I'm hoping to get to no itch by working on my leaky gut and immune system.

I have discovered that The leaky gut in small intestines allows the parasites to leak into the blood stream and travel to all other organs and parts of the body.
Bio Films
Allergy Research product Lumbrokinase  helps to melt biofilm. Buy it at http://www.vitaminshoppe.com
1 tablespoon of diatomaceous earth in 10 oz water 2x day helped me too too, and 1 100 mg mebendazole 2 x day helped me too.
also helps to Work on healing the leaky gut and immune system.

So once they get into the bloodstream you can't get rid of them?
I have been living with pinworms for about 3 years now and have recently been putting a 5 inch x 2 inch strip covering my anus at night. I just started and I really can't feel it once it's on. I take it off in the morning and shower. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Has anyone had any success with this? I take Albendazole but they came back after 9 months (the best vacation from them ever). I don't know how I got re-infected, but I did.

I'm also taking D.E., but have heard it interferes with vitamin absorption, so only to take at night, or between meals.
The anal strip approach didn't work for me for various reasons. I couldn't get it to stay on, and it didn't entirely cover the anal opening.
Pinworms actually live on bacteria in the colon.
Yes deeners
I feel pinworms entering in my ears and my eyes while sleeping 2 months ago and still doing that now
I don't know what doing, I'm afraid
I don't know why scintists don't discorer a cure to kill these pinworms completely like amiba
.....................
Please somebody help
Use a Q-tip to lightly apply Oregano oil just inside of the ear. It will drip down into the ear itself, and keep the pests at bay there. You can also apply the same to the inside of the nostrils. I use Natural Factors Oregano oil designed for consumption. It is diluted with a carrier oil, so that it doesn't burn so badly. It is also helpful to use a magnified mirror, to monitor things inside of the nose. You will need a mirror with a light.
hello new to site and mom of 3 iv been battling on paper 1 year off the books 3.   has anyone been cured from using the tea tree oil .also what about oil of oregano or has any one heard of using turpinetine and sugar cubes ,iv heard its a old remedie let me know thanks
I have been using both tea tree oil and Oregano oil for about a month. I have read that Oregano oil is the most effective of the two. And, it is much safer to consume as well. However, it will burn the throat, if consumed undiluted. I use Natural Factors Oil of Oregano, which is diluted with a carrier oil. It is designed for consumption use.
I have heard on this also but when I tried it did nothing for me or others that I have talked with. I am not sure their is cure as of yet but I do live a life having the upper hand when it comes to theses parasite and not the other way around. If you like you look at some of my last posts to see what I mean. It has gotten so much better for me that I sometimes forget that I have this infection. Good luck and keep fighting.
Yes, exactly. Even under the worst case scenario, where they are not entirely eliminated, they can be readily managed so that the condition does not rule one's life. In fact, I have probably had these things far longer than I realized, but it was only an inflamed infestation, that finally got my attention. I started eating an excess amount of protein powder. This seemed to vigorously feed the parasites. At first, I thought that it was the protein powder that was the source of the problem. But now, I believe that it was only facilitating the infection that was already there.
Thank you Dear.
Anyone here ever try Humaworm? Any luck with that stuff?

Ivermectin worked for me once, two years ago (two doses 10 days apart). Tried it again after somehow picking them up [again] but it didn't work. Now doing the two-weeks-apart Ablenza but this comments here make me less hopeful for it...

Going to try the DE for long term (paused because of the holidays, and I have strep throat so I stopped eating altogether really), as well as Humaworm when I finally get back to my own apartment. It was more difficult than I thought keeping up my regimen while at home with the family.

As a related aside - I'm the only one who has these dang things. I was living with my parents, sister, and nephew for two weeks before I discovered what they were, but I was the only afflicted person (nephew never had them) even after I had left. I'm attributing this to my generally poor immune system :(
But I WILL defeat these things. We all can. I feel slightly less alone because of you all, but am so sorry to hear there are other people out there dealing with this horrendous situation. Stay strong, stay positive, stay connected.
I sure hope you found out soon after your post that you put a drop or two of tea tree oil.  A teaspoon of it would have very bad health consequences as it is toxic!
could you pls tell me where to buy tea tree oil for drinking? or what kind of tea tree oil did you use? I wanna order it through Amazon.com
I am trying your method, but I had to get animal albenza, called valbazen. Tomorrow will be my 10th day, I feel an improvement but if I am thinking of taking it for 14 days, lay off 2 weeks and then again just to make sure...I have a question? does anybody feel a pinching in your feet, toes, hands fingers, like something is in there moving or pinching?.. If this works I will let you guys know..
Wormazol helped me only the baby eggs aren't killed so u have to take another doze about 10 after first when they hatch..but since they come back I think (if your health permits) just take it continual...for...a good 3 to 5 weeks. Some may be more Hardy then others against the drug. Another type deworm medicine suggest the long ordeal...it seems to have done it..but if not .do it longer. They will get fed up in time and die, I say.
Wormazol helped me only the baby eggs arent killed so u have to take another doze about 10 days after first when they hatch..but since they come back I think (if your health permits) just take it continual...for...a good 3 to 5 weeks. Some may be more Hardy then others against the drug. Another type deworm medicine suggest the long ordeal...it seems to have done it..but if not .do it longer. They will get fed up in time and die, I say.
Diatomaceous earth, must be food grade! Start with 1/2tsp to test allergies then increase to 1Tbs-2Tbs a day. Also 1tsp borax solution in a glass of water each day (borax solution 4 cups water to 1 tsp borax). This will also increase bone density and fingernail/hair strength.
How long do you do this for before noticing a difference and also how long should I keep taking it?  Will it get rid of them completely?
How long do you do this treatment for and does it get rid of them completely?
Listen I know it its 2016 now but i hate these things ive had them ever since i came back from a summer camp, im 14 and i really hate them like anyone else would i really want them gone, heeeellpp please
I think I have come close to solving the pinworm issue. In my case I tried everything. Then it dawned on me. Here we are trying to eradicate the existing pinworm before it lays her eggs. But why not attack the eggs first. Because if one eradicates the eggs at the source, that is where the itch is, there will eventually be no "next generation" of PW.
This is how happened.
Think of making a cake, you use flour and eggs, right ?
Well, simply use medicated talcom powder where you have the itch. Rub the powder, knowing very well it is absorbing the PW eggs, and ridding the itch.
It took about 3 months, but eventually I no longer have these itches. And if I do get the occasional itch, I just use medicated talcom power. There is no pain, there is no discomfort and it can be used anywhere anytime.
Ofcourse keep up the double attack on the current live PW with whatever you think may work. But to me the logical thing is to attack the eggs. If you researched how the PW is, they lay the eggs at the early hours of the morning. This is a "smart worm" because it is in tube with our bowel cycles, and it is during the early hour of the morning when our bowls are in the eradication cycle. In other words, we pooh in the mornings most times, right ? Well these PWs "know" stuff and that is why they take the easiest route, during the mover of exit of our bowls. All the female wants to do is lay her eggs with a glue, ( the stings ) so her babies can breath. Then 4 hour later they hatch, all 10 to 20 thousand of them and the cycle begins again.
That is why it takes about 3 month for this to eradicate the PWs. Millions of them trying to lay a new generation. But the powder stops it because it will absorb the eggs and the fluids and therefore no next generation.
Eventually the majority of the worms are gone.
So, if you itch, use powder and rub as if you are mixing eggs and flour !!

The other thing I found by accident, I was at work and got the itch. My hands had just cleaned some thing with kerosene. I had to scratch there and then with damp kersosene on my hands. Well, to my amazment, it seems all those eggs never got the oxygen, they got fumed. The itch never returned for a few days, seems to work it's way up and fumigated a few live PW's. However this is not a cure, it was just an accidental discovery. If you have sensitive skin then maybe don't try this. However, the main point is, attack the eggs before they hatch, and there will not be a next generation of PW's. Sounds simple and logical to me. Thanks for reading.
Hello everyone! Wow. This is absolutely insane what we are all dealing, struggling, and ultimately SUFFERING with. So many past memories run through my head of when I didn't have them and I am so grateful for them even if they didn't seem so great at the time. Five years. Five years I have been dealing with pinworms. I caught them from someone I was living with. Symptoms starting with intense vaginal itching in the creases and it was brutal. The first doctor I went to mentioned pinworms and to take a clear piece of scotch tape and apply it on the anus at night and I would see them. Did that, saw nothing so I didn't think I had them. As time went on symptoms got much worse. Doctor to Doctor. False negative stool and specific testings for pinworms which is called the paddle test. Finally, two months ago I got my diagnose that I have pinworms. The symptoms were so bad that I basically stopped eating and one day after work, I had the intense anal itching, scraping feeling and I caught them on video!! All it took was that as proof along with a picture. How crazy is all this? Treatment plan currently is Albenza, herbal tinctures, suppositories (although I discontinued because I heard that the can lay eggs inside you if you apply anything down there??), black walnut, wormwood, grinded up cloves to make into a tea and drink to kill any that are in my small intestines, walnuts to consume, garlic (about 10-12 per day), probiotics with enzymes, carrots, beans, kale, spinach, quinoa, and I recently stumbled upon MSM which is a dietary sulfur that creates a barrier in your intestinal lining and the parasites where they are unable to cling on to you to survive (we will see) I know there was a study done in mice who had pinworms and they were given this and in 17 days they determined that they no longer had the works of eggs. Doesn't that sound pleasant? Oh man. Talk about excruciating and time consuming and feeling helpless. It's nice to know you are not alone as last night, after 2 days of not feeling them, I felt 3 and then just about gave up and was going to go to bed (thankfully I didn't because if I did a nasty, good size spider ran across my sheet on the ground and if I had my lights off and was sleeping, not only am I dealing with these monsters inside me but hey, now I have spider babies in my ears! Yay! Haha, anything can happen, right? ;) But no, I am so glad to have found this forum and I really hope I can reach out to some of you, and have a response. I wish there was a cute, and an answer for all of us who are going through this. I am so sorry this exists and I can honestly say this is NO way to live. Let's put our heads together and help each other with anything that works for one might work for another! Thank you for reading and God bless.
Typos from phone *cure. Also, I'm curious. When releasing gas, can the eggs fly out?? Has anyone else every thought that? I had them in my ears and after using alcohol I no longer feel the itching in there. I use alcohol with paper towels and gloves when wiping. Cleaning everything! Enemas, with Blackwalnut, wormwood, and cloves really helped me too. I've seen them come out in my stool this morning. I recently bought 10% sulfur soap and I really think it's helping with anything on my skin too. I get the crusties around my eyes but I think that's just from me being so exhausted. I can't say that I've seen any in my eyes other than, come to think of it, I would notice circular things attached to my eyelids that were skin colored? Let's see, what else. Someone mentioned feeling zings or stinging in the skin and I have felt sensations in my SCALP, sometimes in my mouth but I no longer feel them there and I have felt weird sensations throughout my body! I don't know if that's related or not but definitely worth mentioning. Overall, I am getting better yes, but I am not cured. I will purchase tea tree oil this week and start that tea as well. I will keep you all posted and let's stay strong!!! We are not alone and prayer really does help.
So in my case, I've never had worms in my eyes, ears, sinuses, etc. etc. But I would see them crawling around my anus when I first realized I had them. Two rounds of Albenza fixed me this time (why Ivermectin worked the first time and not the second, or why it took 4 doses of Albenza to kill them instead of only 2, I do not know why). During my second infection, I went up the chain of doctors - I visited my primary, who sent me to a gastroenterologist who did a colonoscopy and gave me more Albenza. I think the second round of Albenza fixed me finally but I wasn't satisfied. Never once were they positively ID'd. No matter how many stool samples I gave they never found anything, I still don't know for sure to this day that they were actually pinworms. So, even though the itching and squirming stopped, I made an appointment with an infectious disease specialist who said he got cases like mine once every couple years and a few rounds of Albenza usually did the trick. However, he usually saw the patients after they were cured of the worms, THINKING they still had them. The mind is a very, very powerful thing. He said his patients would still "feel" the wiggles but were indeed actually cleared of the infection - which is what was happening to me when I saw him. Once you've had the infection a couple times, it really does mess with your mind. I was in a dark place for a while thinking I'd never get rid of them and was thanking the good Lord I was in a long distance relationship at the time so I could keep to myself and keep it a secret. I believe I cleared them in March, but to this day however many months later I still get the occasional - 'what was that??' feeling and have to remind myself I haven't seen or genuinely felt that creepy crawly sensation since then, but I still check in the mirror. I do worry that they'll be back in the future... I don't know where I got them the first or second time, but if that's the case I'll be ready. I have a spare Albenza and I can typically see them in my stool once the medicine has killed them, I also have spare stool sample containers so I can finally know I'm sending them a positive sample they can ID. So knowing I have a plan of attack is also soothing. All in all.. none of the other remedies I tried worked by themselves... not the wormwood and other tinctures, not the papaya smoothies, etc. But I was honestly depressed and couldn't get myself to eat only fruits and vegetables (I also had them over Christmas so the food available to me wasn't ideal either when I was home with family) so maybe all of it is worth a go if you can really do it well. I think mine was a case where I needed to see someone who could treat me with medication. Stay strong! Go to the doctor, show them the worms! Get them ID'd so they can dose and treat you correctly or aggressively if need be! I know it may cost a lot of money, but being worm free to me was worth the doctor and special visit bills.
I hope the pin worm researchers take a closer look again at eradicating the pinworm issue once and for all. Much have a read on ways of  "killing the worm" inside the gut before it lays eggs. But how about attacking the eggs to with a cream or solution that specifically "burns" the pinworm egg/s before or after the are laid ? The logic obviously is to stop the next generation of PW's. I am using some "hot creams" at the moment where I fell the itch. I can get some sleep now at the 2.30 am times when it is so predictable, my whole world and living is "night-shift" because these things will keep me awake till 5am sometimes. I will shower at 3am in the mornings to to wash away the eggs if I feel there has been a lay. The thing is, I use a torch, I am embarrassed having the lights on that can be seen by the neighbors if I have 4am showers or baths.  May I also add, if these PW are now as epidemic as we have read these days, and not much was said about them 20 years ago, the question is, has our food chain or agriculture become so radically modified, that the natural enzymes in our foods no longer have the same potency when digestion occurs, that we are lacking "power" in our immune systems ?
I am undergoing a second treatment of Albenza. That's 8 pills in total, 2 weeks apart. I just took 6, four days ago. I still feel them. I am getting my liver checked soon bc we know how harsh it is on your liver. I hope you are doing the same StayPositive, bc we aren't suppose to be taking it back to back but I know we are fighting so we must do what we have to do and take that chance. I would say to really investigate those feelings you still get because like my case, these 'worms' more like threads, can go undetected. From this whole forum, I am starting to believe that reinfection is what is causing us to be unable to completely rid ourselves. I am considering (other than OCD cleaning) these eggs get left in the anus and then hatch and travel back to mate and multiply. What about wearing a tampon with some sort of concoction to kill all the eggs?? Also, in my previous comment, if they aren't laying eggs outside the anus, then are they laying them inside??? Does anybody have a theory on this?
PinWexterminater yes, something is way wrong with this. Doctors do not understand the severity in our cases. It sounds like children are able to treat it much easier than adults. That's kind of interesting don't you think? You would think it would be the other way around as kids don't know and touch their moths eyes and noses.  I'm going to try zinc oxide on a tampon and shove it in there. Any suggestions to add to it would be greatly appreciated. Let's fight together!!
The doctors always ask - "have you been out of the country?" But what many do not consider, is that there has been a great deal of immigration into this country lately. So other countries, are in effect, visiting us here! This, may be the source of the upswing in the pinworm epidemic. These visitors, may be carriers.
How are you??? Are you cured? Please inform us!
What have you been doing?? Are you better or cured? Please let us know!
Interesting. Where do you find this certain Albenza? I hope you are still pinworm free. Please let us know!
That is amazing. Now, what were you inserting or applying in the bottom to prevent reinfection? Please let us know!! Thank you Hun.
I am curious! Are you still symptom free?? Do let us know!! Thank you.
How are you now? Do let us know. Thank you!!
this might help...
yesterday I took 4 Apple Cider Vinegar pills,'
1 cup of shredded unsweetened COCONUT --munched on
all day... also 20 pumpkin seeds with the shells.
4 cups of green tea and 2 cups of chai tea -- and crushed in 1 tsp of cloves.
On a empty stomach -- soo I started early in the morning
Took me all day.
around 7 pm I ate some dinner.
I did have 1 glass of red wine. ( not sure if this helped ?)

I am sooo sick of cleaning ...so  I JUST threw all my clean comforters in the
dryer for 1 hr ( heat ) and changed my sheets.
Spent ½ hr ironing the clothes I wore.
I turned up my furnace in the house.. which I heard kills all the
eggs in the house.

Everything stopped ! by 8 pm.
Not a sign of any movement/crawling anywhere on my body.
( -- I did have a instant 1 time (diarrhea) trip to the bathroom around
9 pm ) try to be close to a washroom.

I am on the same routine today,,, and will continue for the
next 4 weeks...
Hope this helps.
Make sure your food meat  is cooked well done. I lived in Ethiopia most of my life  eating raw meat is customary and the main cause of vaginal worms next to swimming and wading in the Nile River which worms burrow into your legs.  I dealt with all kinds of worm parasites.
I got them again after 7 months. I feel like giving up it's been 4 years. The longest I've gone without them is a year. I was so happy I thought I was done with them. How is it that pinworms are still not curable?
I have spent the the last 3 or 4 hours reading every comment in this thread. I don't even like saying the word "thread" because of the threadworms.
I am going to the GP tomorrow to ask for something better to kill them. I have had them every night for the last 3 nights. I felt squirming feeling in my bum and it's generally occurring after 8pm and then continuing intermittently during the night. I drove to the pharmacy straight away to get some ovex. I got the last box. Have spent all weekend cleaning and disinfecting everywhere. It's definitely threadworms. On 2 occasions when I felt the squirming I wiped my bum with a baby wipe and there was a small white threadworm each time, that wriggled for a second or two then stopped moving. The 1st time I was so petrified I flushed it down the toilet straight away. The next time I have kept it in a glass jar as proof. My partner still doubts that this could be a thread worm, which is very upsetting for me. It's bad enough having this parasite living in you without people saying you're imagining it. It's do distressing. To make matters worse I have a worm phobia. This is actually my worst nightmare come true. I had threadworms about 5 years ago, exact same time of the year. I was do distressed the GP prescribed me diazepam to help either the distress. I actually thought I was going to break into the chemist at 2am to get a box of ovex. The last time I took the ovex and I'm sure it worked quicker than this. That's 3 nights this time and they're still there alive :( I'm taking that one in the jar to the GP tomorrow and I hope they will. E able to help. It's so depressing. I spent about 2 hours decontaminating my car today. No idea how I will deal with my work. I work in a ward and a day hospital and worried that's where I picked them up, and dill be likely to get them again, as they are not taking treatment or doing extreme cleaning. Either that or I have got them in a hotel or earn eating out. Who knows. This is awful. I'm just sitting here waiting for them to start up. It's the worst feeling ever. :( :( :(
I think the ovex worked, but it's taken a few days. Just doing extreme hygiene now to stop any eggs.
I have had this pinworm affliction for over a year now and have tried everything.  I believe if you catch them before it becomes a hyperinfection, you can kill them.  Let me say from the start that without the help of the Lord Jesus Christ, I would be a basket case for sure!  He keeps me sane and has prevented me from spreading it to others. If they haven't spread all over (eyes, sinuses, ears, etc.), try eating small amounts of chewing tobacco several times a day for awhile.  Don't eat it too late in the day or you won't be able to sleep at night.  If only I had done this when I first got infected!!  I am doing a combination of things daily and some things once a week.  I'm trusting the Lord for a cure and am looking forward to sharing my experience soon!
Ok later I would say 1-2 months I start to feel itchy at my butt.

But I would not gonna blame her. I also working I might get that from work.

Ok I had itchy for about five months and the thing I did just taking a shower and I felt better.

then I start to use anti-itch cream as people who have problem about hemorrhoid use. I though I had problem about hemorrhoid somehow.

Ok i couldn't stay on my itchy anymore then I decided to see my doctor after i felt itchy for 5 months

And it was embarrassing. My doctor question me to treat every ones in my family and she thought all people in my family got it.

Ok I though I might get from my husband because I suck his a lot.

but  nobody in my family got these worm.I don't hear anyone of them complain about itchy bottom (until now it has been 11 months) I asked all of them and they get really mad and i try to notice them and they are still ok.

we slept separate room though.
I showered a lot before because I felt itchy that only thing i could do (it might be this case)

Well after doctor gave me medicine ok it went away for 1 month. Then it came back then I bought reese pinworm or something though online I dare not to see my doctor anymore. But it had never worked for me at all.

Ok I took care of myself by "eat a lot of garlic" , "shower in the morning and before bed" , "separate my laundry basket" , "change my clothes every times. So I kinda control my pinworms that way for about 6 months later.

But after I have read almost 520 answers here.

I have more control .. I went to shopping for ..

1. plastic gloves - I will wear only one glove on my right hand. Then I poop or pee. after I done I will use that glove hand to clean my butt. And then put a lot of NOXZEMA cream on my butt hole a lot.

Another hand that no glove I will use it to do something else  that not involve touching my but.

2. Noxema cream ( I think it is blue container and it look like cleaning cosmetic cream) at first I put a lot on my butt hole I felt weird and and it is a little hurt at the first time. I think because my skin around my butt hole already irritate from pinworm's egg laying & hatching. Alright  I have put Noxzema Cream on my butt every times for about 3 days now and fine. - Thanks and give credit for everyone who give an idea about Noxzema cream on this forum. I used to buy other hemorrhoid cream and cost me like $29.99 and keep ordering those cream online .. Noxzema is really cheap like 1-2$ and you can use this cream plenty each time.

3. rubbing Alcohol 70-90% I will wear glove and mask and use toilet paper to pour alcohol and rub every where I want. The floor , the toilet bowl , the sink , the door nobs , everything you need to rub and make them clean. Thanks for the guy who give this idea the one who wear glove at work he gave idea on this forum.

4. Mask I would wear when i do laundry and rubbing alcohol and take garbage away

5. small garbage bin in the bathroom to throw away used glove and whatever that i used. I use separate garbage bin from my family. my husband and my kid think it is weird why do i need to do that. But I told them that I need to throw my lady stuff  like tampon or something personal. and told them to not open my garbage bin. So they kinda respect me for that. But my husband he like to clean my garbage bin sometime that make me really mad. And I told him that he will never touch my garbage bin in the bathroom again.

6. Big garbage bin- the one the you can use your feet to step it open the top. I use this bin to keep my laundry. Before bath I will take off my top then will walk to bathroom topless. Then I will open the "garbage for laundry" and I will open my small garbage bin both of them left open next to the bath tub. Then I will take my sock off first and put them in "Laundry garbage bin" next I take off my jean then I left it around my feet , then I take off my panties then I put in my jean (the one i just took off) then I roll them together then put in "Laundry . This way will keep my pant and panties together reduce a chance of falling egg.

7. shopping for herbal and medicine
  - zinc tablet
  - garlic table (i swallow fresh garlic also but when have no time garlic tablet is useful)
  - Neem extract
  - Grapefruit seed extract
  - cat's claw extract
  - olive leave extract
  - women's one a day multivitamin

all these you will have to study about side effect and what herbal's benefit before use each one.  Thanks for people here  who give me these idea.

8. wormwood tincture, black walnut tincture , I will use these tincture on empty stomach to make the worm feel bad .. basically between meal on empty stomach (you have to study about this before use it will make your heartbeat, headache, diarrhea - it is happen to me for 2-3 weeks sometime you might feel sick if you wanna try , try when you have day off from work) for me it is effective way - first I got these ideas through Amazon.com from people review but also thanks for people who have this idea on here also. - study really hard about this if it ok to use for yourself or you can consult with herbalist

9. Diet is a must. I have only eat Veggie,Meat,fat .. No juice No Coffee I love iced latte from coffee shop I have stopped for 3-4 days now.  It's hurt your feeling at first then you will used to it. I will stir fried all vegetable together with meat and garlic a lot of them for my food. Or i will make stew , soup with meat and vegetable, I will continue to do this I studied from some web it said that you can do this way 3-4 month. So pls study about this first if you can take it. It's very effective. It will starve the worm immediately  - also thanks for people who put this idea up on this forum

10. I order parasite herbal pill online the one that contain wormwood and black walnut. The one that's said use 10 days  eat 2 pill with meal .. i also take this with meal

Ok, I feel better and thanks so much for you guys to share all idea here.
ATTENTION ANYONE EXPERIENCE ITCHING:

You have parasites! Almost 95% of people have some sort of parasite. These parasites breed, and make hundreds to thousands of eggs per day! Sugars, natural or artificial, seem to feed the parasites, creating candida. If you have allergies or suffer from post-nasal drip  (like I do), and have the sensation of mucus or "something stuck in the back of your throat", these are parasites "coming down to feed" on the sugars, dairy, and other mucus-forming foods you consume.

Let me list the ailments I’ve noticed, just in my own health struggles, over the last 20+ years: dry, itchy scalp (NOT dandruff, but I NOW know they’re demodex mites), thinning hair (or bald spots), allergies, sinus issues (PND), “cluster” and migraine headaches, eye floaters, visual disturbances, acne, occasional lesions, occasional ringworm & small white spots that appear randomly over the body (caused by what I NOW know is a skin fungus), easy bruising, anemia, constant weight gain (even when not eating much), itchy skin (especially on the lower legs), abdominal pain/gas/boating/IBS symptoms, vaginal/rectal itching (especially at night), depression/mood swings/memory lapses, body odor/bad breath, and nail fungus.

Most of the time, these parasites are "stealing" the nutrients from your foods, to feed and protect themselves in your body, leading to issues like abdominal discomfort, IBS/Crohn's, Diabetes, Anemia, easy bruising, Cancer, and other ailments.

Unless you go to a holistic or naturopathic doctor, your stool samples, and other blood tests will MAGICALLY turn up "negative". WHY YOU ASK??? Because the medical profession NEEDS you to keep coming in for unnecessary tests and medications, TO KEEP YOU SICK! It's more profitable for the FDA and Big Pharma, to keep one believing that something is wrong with them (whether gastro issues, psych issues, or other more serious illnesses and diseases), than to CURE YOU of your issues!!

I have parasites. LOTS OF THEM! I have been to several doctors that just write off anything you say, but are quick to order medications and other unnecessary (expensive) tests that DON'T WORK! I'm also a nurse (for over 35 years), and don't take one's word as gospel, until AFTER I do my own research.

In my research, I found an interesting link between parasites, an overabundance of candida, and various health issues. I’m an avid gardener, love sushi, grew up eating pork products, have always had pets (that I kissed often, and allowed on my bed regularly), had pinworms as a child (that I THOUGHT had been treated), and as an Emergency Room nurse, tended not to eat the best diet (I’ll admit). Yep, I fit the bill for parasite infestation.
I decided (after the last physician treated me like I was ignorant) to order natural supplements (from Amazon) to rid myself of any parasites. BTW, don’t bother buying anything for a candida cleanse (like I did) because until you rid the body of parasites, the candida won’t be eliminated. This candida buildup creates the “perfect storm” for various diseases and illnesses, including cancers, diabetes, lupus, multiple sclerosis, IBS, Crohn’s disease, yeast infections, etc.

I ordered Dr. Clark's Super W Blend (which contains Wormwood, a POWERFUL anti-parasitic); Organic Cloves; and GREEN Black Walnut Hulls TINCTURE (Black Walnut Hulls capsules are fine, but the liquid GREEN Black walnut TINCTURE is far more effective. TRUST ME ON THIS).

I kid you not; by the second day, I passed worms. Clear, (sometimes white) stringy worms (pinworms) and tons of egg larvae, were in my stools. And, my stools were NORMAL stools; I wasn’t having diarrhea or constipation. Just an incredible urge to go to the bathroom! Sometimes, I went to the bathroom more than 4 times a day! The Super W Blend and Green Black walnut tincture kills the adult worms, and the Cloves kill any egg larvae.

I couldn't believe my eyes! But I was even more focused to get these things out of my body! I even brought in a stool sample that anyone, even those with slight intelligence, could glance at quickly, and KNOW something was wrong. But guess what?? The tests for Ova & Parasites, came back negative. WTF??

So I stopped going to doctors, because I now KNOW what the real deal is. If you want to rid yourself of these issues, you must be PROACTIVE in YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE!!

I will say that once you start this protocol, YOU MUST CONTINUE AT ALL COSTS! If you stop, the parasites regroup, and you experience even MORE issues!  I must tell you, however, that you’ll feel worse before you feel better. I went through the sensation of “things crawling all over my body”. These are the parasites knowing they’re under attack, dying, and releasing their toxins, which poison the blood and leads to intense night sweats, increased body odor/bad breath, and insomnia (especially between the hours of 2-3am). You may have also noticed these worms become MORE ACTIVE around the time of the full moon. For the sinus/PND issues, I also added Oil of Oregano capsules; take 1 capsule 3x/day. For immediate relief of that sensation of “something stuck in the back of my throat”, I break one of the capsules in my mouth, and allow the oil to slowly go down my throat. The oil burns, but it kills worms “coming down to feast”. NEVER swallow the mucus! Cough it up and spit it out! Swallowing the mucus (which contain worms & their larvae) goes to your intestines, to begin their lifecycle all over again!

Stay away from any sugars (even natural sugar), dairy, grains, white flour, white rice, white bread (they convert to sugar in the body, thus feeding the parasites), and any mucus-causing foods, as much as you possibly can. Buy Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth, and put 1 TBSP in water (or another drink) and have that once or twice per day. Be SURE to drink PLENTY of fluids afterwards, as DE tends to constipate you. The DE are tiny, microscopic fresh water diatoms, that under a microscope looks like Chex mix; their edges are sharp, and shred the parasite’s body, rendering them helpless (or killing them), so they can be easily flushed from the body with the other products mentioned earlier. The DE also has other benefits: can be used in a home-made toothpaste (to re-mineralize teeth); for pest control (in and outside of the home, so lose your pest control company fees ☺); can be mixed into pet’s food to kill parasites in their bodies, as well as rubbed into their coats to kill fleas and other parasites, amongst other benefits!

****FOR THE ITCHING: Tea Tree Oil body washes! I run a bath (with the water as hot as I can stand), put a few squirts of this into my water (along with Epsom salt, I find parasites cannot stand this!) and sit/soak for at least 20 minutes. NO MORE ITCHING (for that day at least). Change all bed linens and wash your clothes daily. Vacuum resting spaces DAILY. DO NOT KISS, or allow pets onto your bed. Be sure to treat EVERYONE in your household, as its more than likely, they’re infected too.

This is working for me. I hope and pray that this helps others.
Wow I have been trying a few of the things you suggested here but I will have to try your remedy for the feeling of mucus in my throat that just won't swallow down..thank you so much for sharing all of this, I have been researching pinworms for the past two weeks (since I tested + for pinworms) & im ready to fight for my health back!  The past 3 years I've battled with anxiety, depression, dizziness, fatigue, etc to the point where I quit my career as a teacher.  The past 5 years, I've battled toenail fungus, candida on my skin, constipation, flaky scalp as you described, eye floaters, etc, and I just never made the connections...thank you again and I pray you are still well!
Ty for the share very helpful- what can young kids take as a natural mild remedy for possible parisites? And how much de for pets? Tyia
Hi nurse2helpu ty for all this bery heloful info- wondering safe mild remedy for possible microparasites in 5yr old and safe DE for pets?
I have had digestive issues an just - recently started feeling itching wiggling feelings- so doing a cleanse started with garlic, now green smoothies, teas, carrot juice and salad, eos in teas or wster clove oregano tea tree and also coconut oil with eos for itchy areas..
Feel a slow down of feeling but still there - will buy green tincture tomorrow.  Anything else pls share will try epson
I agree that the Oregano oil is a good bet not only for nasal worms, but also for intestinal worms. It is probably more effective than Tea Tree oil, and much safer to consume. I also apply Oregano oil to my ears. The buggers seem to get into the ear canal as well. The Oregano oil is very effective at keeping them out of the ear canal.
Virgin Coconut oil, is also a good one to apply directly to the nasal passages, and to the ears. This oil, unlike so many others, does not burn or irritate the skin. I use a Q-tip for the application.
Hi all
I've been suffering with worms for over 4 months and I have some Tea Tree Oil in the cupboard but I'm scared to try it! Has anybody experienced any side effects from taking it?
No side effects yet, and I have been taking 3 to 4 drops 3 to 4 times a day for about a month now. I'm still not convinced that it is effective though. I found charcoal capsules at night, to work much better for me.
I noticed an immediate reduction in the worm activity, after one day of taking Charcoal capsules. I took the recommended dosage, but all at once, late at night before bedtime, so as to not interfere with the absorption of other items.
You might even consider trying Oregano essential oil. It might work better than the tea tree oil anyway. And it is safer to consume.
Ive had pinworms for nearly 6 months now, and have shed lots of  tears during that time. Sometimes I go to bed at night wishing that I wont wake up the next day. It's taken over my life and I don't know what to do.

I'm currently on day 8 of my 10-day Albendazole treatment but haven't noticed any improvement. Like the previous poster I'm going to try tea tree oil for a few days and then maybe a carb-free diet (although it's going to be tricky when going out for meals with family etc - I'm thinking a mixed grill will be the best bet without it being obvious that something is up!)

I'd love to hear more frompeople that posted earlier in the thread with updates on their condition. I really could do with some positivity and encouragement to help me through this!
Yes, a carb free diet helps. Also, stay away from processed protein powder. I don't know why, but these products both animal based, and plant based, seem to really fuel the parasites. I try to interrupt the cycle, by using medical gloves to clean myself out, whenever I feel something moving around. I use a lubricant such as Vaseline, or Vicks, so as to safely employ such a method, and also the goo causes the worms to stick, so that you can pull them out. Get a 5 X magnifying glass, with a light, to help you see better, and monitor what comes out. You will learn to recognize them better that way as well.
Shower and clean yourself after every bowel movement. After awakening, always shower, or clean yourself meticulously. I like to use a shower head that has a power spray, to really get in there.
Charcoal capsules at night, have been very effective - more so than any single other item that I have taken orally. They have not eliminated the worms entirely, but the charcoal really busts them back quite a bit.
How are you getting on? Have you managed to beat these things yet?
I have been following this blog for some time now, and have been aggressively fighting this pinworm infestation for approximately 3 months now, so I thought that I would share my own personal experiences with some of the suggestions made by others here.  In addition, I have arrived at some of my own solutions as well. One reason why it takes people so long to heal from the problem (myself included), is that there is a learning curve with what works and what does not work. Mistakes in particular, will be made, until one realizes that this foe is extremely hardy, and persistent, and that one cannot be lazy, or haphazard, in their approach to dealing with the problem.

First, I need mention that I am male, 65 years old, and retired. Being older certainly does not help in fighting this menace, but being retired most certainly does, because I can be on "battle stations" alert, in a moments notice, and that is an extremely important advantage. Those who have long duration work commitments at an office or other public venue, may find some of my suggestions somewhat impractical, but I have thought of some workarounds for that as well. I came up with these ideas while having "pinworm attacks", while out shopping, or socializing at a restaurant etc.

At the time of this writing, I have nearly eradicated this menace, but there are still some stragglers persisting. I do feel that I pretty much have them on the ropes, so to speak, and I have a final plan for victory against them. I might also add, that I had a rather severe infection at one point, so my progress has indeed been substantial.

First up, let me identify the methods that absolutely did not work for me, either for practical reasons, or because it takes more than 3 months for such methods to work. I will describe why such methods did not work for me as well.

Here is what did NOT work for me at all:

- Trying to cover the anus with medical tape -

There was a practical problem with this potential solution. It interfered with my other more successful methods, and I really never could get this to work properly in the first place. All brands of medical tape that I could find, were too narrow, and  not sticky enough to stay on. I could never get the tape to entirely cover the anus correctly, and it is very difficult to do so, because you cannot see what you are doing. Several separate strands were required, and this only made it more likely for the pieces to bunch up, catch, and unravel. Furthermore, I needed to use Vicks Vapor rub as an important tool, and this made it virtually impossible for the medical tape to adhere to my anus. Conclusion? A total fail.

- One time application of Reese's Pinworm medicine, with a one or two week follow-up.

This helped to be sure, but it did not last, and it did not get rid of them. Two or three days later, they were back in full force. It knocks them back a bit, but that is about it. I have a new plan for this, that you will read at the end of this message. Conclusion? Partial failure.

- Spreading Medicated Body Powder around the anus area -

This powder makes a HUGE mess, gets all over everything, and does NOT stop the worms from laying eggs around the anus. Worse, it dries out the anal cavity, making it impossible to insert a medical glove to clean out active worms just inside the anal cavity. Conclusion? A total fail.

- Topically spreading DE around the anus area -

Exactly the same problems as with the Medicated Body Power - Conclusion? A total fail.

-Breaking open a capsule of garlic powder, and spreading it around the anus area, and/or inserting it into the anal cavity, with Vicks Vapor rub.

Exactly the same problems as with the Medicated Body Powder, and DE. None of these methods stopped the worms in any discernable way, and simply interfered with other more effective methods. Conclusion? A total fail.

- Taking Cayenne Pepper pills -

This may have helped, but I am not certain. The main problem with this approach, is that my digestive system simply could not handle it. It gave me heartburn like I had never experienced before, and was entirely intolerable. So I had to abandon this approach. Conclusion? A partial failure.

- Going to the doctor -

This method, only delayed my agony. It was not only ineffective, but it actually delayed my healing. A BIG mistake. Now, it is important for me to state, that I live in eastern Washington, where high quality medical help is in short supply. But here is how this option played out.

The doctors simply will not treat you with a prescription, until they get a positive hit, on the stool sample. Like so many others on this blog, mine came back with a false negative, after more than a week of delay, while the sample was at the lab. Just getting an appointment, takes days or even weeks. The nurse wanted me to leave repeated samples, until a positive hit occurred. I did not have the luxury of waiting around that long, while being tortured by this menace.

Moreover, in my humble opinion, a stool sample is NOT the best method for determining infection. Many suggest using tape to collect a sample at the anus, but for me, the best method by far, was to wait for that biting or crawling feeling to occur, and then to pull them out using medical gloves, and a very light coating of either oil, or Vicks. With some practice, you will come to recognize all the various stages of pinworm evolution, and you will have no problem distinguishing between water or oil droplets, and actual worm samples.

But here is a very important point - relying upon the naked eye, is NOT the best method for acquiring this skill. Get yourself a wide angle magnifying glass, with 5 X magnification WITH an onboard light. I got mine from Amazon. This is sufficient to easily distinguish between what is a worm, and what is not a worm. The worms will appear as a slightly off white, translucent sort of "color", with a characteristic shape. They will run the gamut from appearing very similar to tiny grains of white rice (to the naked eye), to the more characteristic longer thin threadlike appearance of the full grown adult.

Worse, the doctor said to stop immediately placing anything inside, or around the anus. Well, if I followed his advice, I would have thousands of worms swarming me every day, instead of only zero to one or two at this point.

My doctor, would not accept any sample other than a lab stool sample, so after the first failure, I dropped that option entirely. Conclusion? A total fail, with negative consequences, that potentially interfered with something that does actually work.

So now, let me talk a little bit about important tools that worked for me - your mileage may vary, as the saying goes. As always, employing these techniques should be done with care and caution - I purchased a box (several boxes actually) of medical gloves. I used these to apply Vicks, Clove oil, and even a VERY light coating of rubbing alcohol (be careful with this, and always combine it with oil or Vicks for lubrication). Whenever I would feel any movement inside the anal cavity, I would interrupt the egg laying cycle, by pulling them out in conjunction with one of the above lubricants and gloves, that often would kill the worms as well. The Vicks wouldn't kill them outright, but it would cause them to stick to the gloves, making it easy to pull them out.

Interrupting the egg laying cycle is extremely important, and this was my daytime Go-To solution for that. The only problem is, that you have to be on guard at all times. If you are not at home, and you need to address that itch while out in public, find a bathroom, and carry one or more medical gloves with you in your pocket, or purse.

Prior to leaving the house, carefully coat your anal insides with a light coating of Vicks. Not too much, or else, you will feel discomfort, and there might be some leakage into your underwear. (You could also wear Depends, or use some other temporary undergarment. ) But this should be enough to allow you to extract the offending worms that you feel biting, or moving around inside of you, so that they don't get to lay eggs, while you are away from your home.

Since I am retired, I would set my alarm at night for 3 hours sleep. I would then, clean out the area, a second time, and reapply the Vicks, clove oil, or whatever else I deemed necessary. This would catch those worms just hatching, or just prior to them hatching, for those females that succeeded in laying eggs around the anal area, during that sleep period. I would then go back to sleep for another two to three hours. The first application would occur prior to bed time, and I would attempt to shower as well before retiring for the night. I slept with two pairs of clean underwear, and I would always change these in the morning.

Also upon awakening, I would clean the area out either by taking a shower, or by using clove oil, or rubbing alcohol on the outsides of the anal area. Rubbing alcohol seemed to be slightly more effective. This will take a toll on your skin with repeated applications, so it is important to rotate your options here. In addition to the clove oil, I might use the original Listerine as a cleaner. This was somewhat less harsh, albeit slightly less effective than the rubbing alcohol. Do not, I repeat, do not fail to do this first thing in the morning!

Even if you do not feel anything, the odds are very high, that there are eggs collected around the anal area, and they will hatch into tiny worms that look like tiny rice to the naked eye. At some point, they will make their presence known to you, by that biting or itching feeling. You want to catch them and get rid of them prior to that happening, if at all possible.

Bowel movements, are both a blessing and a curse. They are needed to flush the system, but they also bring fresh worms up to near the entry point of the anus. I always shower if possible immediately afterwards. I use a high pressure hand held shower head, to wash the insides of the anal cavity as well. This helps tremendously with reducing the numbers of worms that will become active later on. Sometimes, this will create an enema effect, and you will have a second bout of diarrhea. This is indeed an inconvenience, but if you don't do this, you will have more worm problems. I would rather deal with the diarrhea, than a renewed cycle of worm attacks. Any remaining worms, are pulled out with the gloves, as I sense them moving around or biting me.

Also, after each shower, use a blow dryer on high heat, on your backside and upper thighs, for as long as you can stand it. The extra heat, just might kill any eggs till clinging to the area.

In addition to all of that, I take vitamins, extra zinc, extra iron, extra Vitamin B12, and probiotics, preferably the liquid variety.  Three to four times a day, I take 3 to 5 drops of Tea Tree oil, and 4 to 5 drops of Oregano oil, in the mouth, and wash it down with a little bit of water.

I have been taking "Intestinal Edge", and "Paraguard", three to four times a day, at double to triple the suggested usage. These contain the various anti-parasitic herbs and oils. The suggested dose, was entirely ineffective. The higher dose, helps, but does not get rid of the worms entirely. I prefer the Paraguard, over the Intestinal Edge.

I also take garlic pills after each meal, and MSM. I do not know if these help any or not, but there have been no side effects to it, so I keep doing it, because they are supposed to be helpful. About 10 days ago, I started up with organic food grade DE. Again, I do not know if this is effective or not, but I am willing to stay with it for a while. I have been taking double the suggested dosage each day.

Now here is one thing that definitely has been effective! Charcoal pills! I take them late at night, just before bedtime, so as to not interfere with the absorption of nutrients and other things. I take close to the recommended dosage, but mostly all at once rather than spread it out throughout the day. Sometimes, I will follow-up with another smaller dose, upon awakening for my early morning cleanse, prior to heading back to sleep. I noticed an immediate reduction in worms, upon implementing this charcoal capsule approach. More than anything else that I am aware of, this has made the most difference in terms of what I have been taking orally.

My plan to completely eliminate this loathsome pest, is to take Reese's Pinworm medicine, 3 days in a row, and then to repeat this again after one to two weeks. I also plan on using the pinworm medicine topically. After applying the Vicks, I apply a bit of the Reese's Pinworm medicine on top of that. I did this last night, and I found only one tiny worm that survived this salvo. I plan on repeating this every night, until the buggers are entirely out of my life. Well, there you have it. I hope that this information has been helpful to all of those also struggling with this nightmare.
One other point - stay away from processed protein powder! Both animal and plant based protein powder seems to fuel the parasites. At first, I thought it was due to added sugar. But some products have a very low sugar count and yet still fuel the parasites! I am not sure why protein powder is a problem, but it is a really big problem, so stay away from it as a protein source. Fish and meat, do not seem to fuel the critters.
OK - one other point. I want to talk about side effects. The only items which have caused me noticeable side effects, are the rubbing alcohol, the clove oil, and the Reese's Pinworm medicine. The alcohol side effects have been minor, with mostly just skin irritation, and an occasional not so well feeling, when I have over done it. The Clove oil, can make you drowsy, if too much is absorbed into your system. The Pinworm medicine would make me feel downright ill for a while. No other product, including the Tea Tree oil, which is supposed to be a poison, has left me with discernible side effects. However, just because we don't feel anything happening, does not necessarily mean that we are not damaging our bodies with these things. Still, for me, it was worth the risk, especially since those of us who have had this ailment, have been forced into being their own doctor, and lab specimen, at the same time. It's unfortunate, but with the current woefully inadequate medical care for this condition, there are few other options.
Hey there, if you are willing to suffer a bit for 3 days, I am recommending a Pineapple fast where you are only drinking fresh pineapple juice or eating fresh pineapple 3 x day (at meal time) and drinking lemon water (fresh lemon juice mixed with water).  The enzymes in Pineapple coupled with the acidity of the lemon juice creates a hostile environment for these horrible creatures to survive.  I am now on Day 2 and can get through half the day without the same level of itching or noticing the eggs when I wipe....plus my stomach has flattened substantially as well.  Curious to know if you take any Acid Reducers like Protonix or Prilosec as I believe this creates a more hospitable environment for these creatures (ie..less acidic).  Good luck as hopefully I will have as well.
Taking the Reese's Pinworm medicine 3 days in a row, combined with topical application of the liquid to the inside and outside of the rectal area before bedtime, seemed to do the trick. (I also continued doing everything else that I had previously been doing.)

Two days after the completion of that treatment, I could find no further definitive evidence of worms, or eggs, in either inside the rectal area, or outside of it. I did have a few sensations of possible worm activity, but that could have been a healing response to all of the abuse the area has suffered through over the past several weeks.

However, after the 3rd treatment of the pinworm medicine, I was feeling pretty poorly. I am doing much better now though. I don't think that I could have handled a 4th day in a row of that.

It's perhaps a bit early to declare victory, but this is a good start to be sure.
How are you feeling now?  I am thinking about doing the same treatment as I am at my breaking point with this...thanks in advance.  RAS
I've stopped taking medicine for parasites that damaged my liver albendizole mebendazole Praziquantel Ivermectin febendazole making my hair fall out in clumps like a cancer victims who's doing chemo.. stopped going to doctor after doctor since all they did was they labeled me crazy and tried to send me see a shrink for anxiety disorders labeled me with delusional parasitosis! 3 I'm not delusional! I've seen these worms myself!! I've stopped crying and started fighting back! I'm not going to give up till these things are dead and gone and I have my health back!

I found a video on youtube that I been listening to as I sleep on loop every single night and without taking dangerous medicines and just drinking Clove pills 3x a day at each meal 4pills I've started to feel HUMAN Again I cried when I realized it was 11:30 pm and I did not have that itchy biting feeling and have to run to the shower to wash it away! omg I CRIED when the next day I still did not have that biting itching torturing feeling that was literally draining my soul every night at 11pm...

https://youtu.be/Mpwu88Hd_ck

This video is literally saving my life I've only been listening 2 weeks on loop all night as I sleep but I feel so revitalized when I wake up...
N
I found it as I was going a search on YouTube for natural parasites remedies
I keep the volume at like the point where u here the music nice and low I don't know how this video is doing what so many toxic medicines could not!!! HOW???? I THANK GOD for having just found SOMETHING to help me in this constant battle and I just wanted to post my experience here... I needed to tell someone anyone about how I'm doing now im litteraly crying right now I can't CONTAIN it the tears won't stop I never thought I'd be able to feel comfortable in my own body again it's still a Lil itchy sometimes if I eat sugar too much that day but it's only my 2nd week playing this video on loop as I sleep every night so I am not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth and complain I'm just grateful I'm getting relief... I really wanted to kill myself

Kind of feel that tiny glimmer of hope again..