Gastroenterology Community
can't get rid of pinworms

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Viewing 401-434 comments:
Hello Shine83S

I took the time the look at the website one of them was down but the other two were filled with loads of information. Still processing all of it but I feel that it will be very helpful. Thanks you for your posting.
And I thought this was something you only get in Africa or other poor countries in the world.  I actually brought these undesirable visitors from my last summer trip to Ethiopia.  After 7 unsuccessful treatments with Combantrin, I searched online for a long term cure and here I am.

I lived in West Africa for several years without getting infected though  Perhaps I was more vigilent then or with this trip, going back to Africa, I thought I was now imune and took too much risks.

There's something that came back to my mind lately.  When I lived in Africa, I noticed how people there crush hot pepper, mix it with water and clean their intestine once or twice a day, that way.  I wish to find those little pumps you can get everwhere there, but nowhere to be seen over here.  

They do this process twice a day with babies too.  They however use local plants or a bit of soap from Marseille mix with water.  Very useful when you cannot afford diapers, but the bowel movement gets lazy and dependent on that over time.  I was even told then they have some kind of plants that make the babies to walk (which is also very useful to get the crawling babies off the ground because of the critters' risk involved).  I've seen 7 months old babies walking there and I would tend to believe it.

Anyway, big thanks to everyone here for your input.  I will update you, eventually and hopefully, on what helped me to be successful.

Oh, allow me another remark.  It seems that there are a majority of women in this forum.  Is it that the men tend to be immuune or are they in denial?  My 17 year old son, who traveled with me, is too.  He said it is because my digestive system is weak...could be.  I definitely didn't eat as much pepper as he did, which might have helped him, even though he ate a lot of raw meat, which is part of the Ethiopian traditional food.  How these people can get away with it...that is another question.
Hello and thanks for the comment. I just stop by here tonight just do a update and I saw your message. I can believe that red pepper works. I also read that Mexicans don't suffer with pin worms as much because of eating jalapeno peppers on a regular basic. I now eat them in eggs foe breakfast with lots of garlic and I can tell that the worms hate the stuff. I can report that I have reduced the numbers of pin worms by taking albendazole or  ivermectin  everyday twice a day to kill the worms. I found out that the DE only kill the eggs but not the worms said Andreas Kalcker which I believe is a scientist that has spent years studying this infection along with other things. My infection was out of control but I now can see myself getting my life back. From what I understand the worm lay eggs mostly on the nights of a full moon and I make sure I eat peppers all day long just for sport. I may feel movement three to four times a day.This process I am on can take up to a year to be rid of the pin worms because of the rotations eggs to adult worms but I really do notice a vast difference. B12 is also what the worms feed on which gives them energy to lay eggs. What I do know is to keep fighting.
Hi there -- did you ever have any luck getting rid of the worms? I've had them for 3 months and am just trying to find out what people are doing to successfully get rid of them. Thanks so much!
update - I believe I am close to getting rid of the worms - had pin worms and ascaris.  The ascaris has been the most difficult to get rid of.  Here is what I do:

I buy mebendazole from Amazon - ships from Thailand.  takes 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to arrive.  This works a little, I do see some worms in the stool.

the other thing I do now is to do a lot of enemas - I put 3-4 dropper fulls of black walnut/ wormwood complex in the enema bucket.  I am able to retain the enema as well as take a full bucket.  This is key as I have found that I had a lot of worms stuck in my lower colon in the folds.  the Black walnut tincture will kill the worms.  Vinegar works, however, I feel the need to purge too quickly before I get any of the solution to the lower colon where I really think the worms are hiding out.  by retaining the enema, the solution works into the folds and opens them up - I know the worms were there as when they come out, they kinda look like little brains as if they were in a little pocket.

I have taken the black walnut wormwood orally, however I've never had any results this way, where I have had results via the enema.

about 5-10 minutes after I have done an enama and purged, my sinuses are instantly clear!  I used to take allergy shots when I was younger, now I know that it wasn't allergies, but worms!
animals can't carry pinworms.  Only humans can.  So don't worry it wasn't the pinworms that caused your cat to pass away.
I am so scared. Someone help me. I dont know what to do. I am 13 years old. I believe I may have pin worms, because when I start to relax and go to sleep in my bed I feel things crawling at my anus. Also I get stomach pain sometimes and I am suddenly getting headaches and I sleep alot. (dont know if those last two have anything to do with it) Except I never see anything come out when I go to the toilet. I dont want to tell my mum cause I am embarrased and scared. Me and my mum arent exactly close and we dont get along. AND I DONT WANNA TELL MY DAD, I would find it too awkward. I have been reading some of your messages above. They are helping me. But I dont know what to do?!?!??! Someone help me.
The best way in the early months is to take cures, or doing ennema with little of vinegar immediately before sleeping.
and the first time you get up immediately go to the bathroom cleaning your leg with hot water change your pantalon and under wear if there is & change the sheets and clean it with very hot water to kill the pinworms

pinworms is very fast
So so sorry to hear your problems with this.    Get some diatomaceous earth and rub it on you where ever you feel itching.   This will definitely kill them on the outside.   I tried it internally but it did nothing.   Hope this helps.
Thanks to everyone for posting.  I have had pinworms for four months now.  I have used everything mentioned above and of course they do not work.  I have been trying to find DE, and it is not in sight in any health food store where I live. People look at me like Im crazy, and say hey I put that in my pool! I tell them I know, its the food grade type.  Well to make a long story short, I called a health food store, that is ran by a nutritionist, and she told me to use tanacet-heel? I had never heard of it, and she said that if I use it for six weeks, they should all be gone.  Since she is a cerified RN and nutritionist, I am trusting her.  You take three doses a day=one dose= ten drops on your tongue. ( My first dose was today,and it tasted like bad alcohol).

My question is has anyone ever tried this? Tanacet Heel? I can't find any comments on the internet about it?

Im also going two hours out of town to buy DE next weekend.  IF anyone could possibly share a link of where to buy the stuff online, I'd be forever grateful!

http://www.alixxor.com/sites/default/parasites.htm.pdf

This was an amazing article from the cdc.  It has every type of remedy on there.
Dear friends a worth try recipe is cinnamon(ceylan cinnamon) tea 3 times a day with empty stomach 30 minutes before eating anything , Take 3 cinnamon woods(1 wood for every glass or a big cup so 3 woods for 3 glasses) and add them in a boiling water , let it cold and drink it, the color of the tea must be a deep dark gold brown color. you must drink it for at least 20 days to see results , my mother saw results from the first week, i also have the problem but i am doing a different treatment with essential oils and wormwood extract and acidofilus vitamins that a pharmasist gave to me, my mother had a 4 day off syptoms (symptoms) after 14 years yes you read right 14 yeas , i catch the worms last january after i passed mononucleosis . cinnamon treatment is the next in list. and after it i will go to a homeopathic doctor maybe he's expencive but i think that homeopathy can treat pinworms, afterall  it's all up to our immune system, be faith and never give up.
Thank you for mentioning the black specks along with the pinworms. The doctors act like parasites can't evolve like viruses and other organisms. It surprises me that they don't think that they aren't detected or killed by the old methods because they've mutated and become stronger liike some flu viruses.
One more time DE for worming
diatomx.co.uk/epages/eshop439661.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop439661/Categories/DiatomPure%C2%AE
You know, the insomnia is a reason of these pinworms because it takes long hours to get out , so try to sleep 6 or 7 hours minimum without waking up
Finally free!
Thanks so much for all the posts!
Here are the things that seemed to make the difference (for me!)
We have had these before when the children were younger so I quite simply just dosed myself (and kept repeating!) when I first realized I had pinworms, HOWEVER I stopped when an acquaintance wondered how I was since my skin was quite yellow!  I then started "natural" and, yes, did try lots of pumpkin seeds :) , but found using a big daub of vaseline on doubled up t.p. applied to anywhere itchy was the most helpful.  I did this for months which kept numbers very low, but didn't quite rid things.
I finally dosed a few times again (of the two I've used here in Canada, the doctor-prescribed  Vermox seems to be more effective than the Combantrin you can ask the pharmacist for).  I think I was only effective this last round because I had a hygiene/"decontamination" routine down.
First off, if the dosing doesn't quickly work, please do make sure you are being careful with nighttime clothing and bedding.  I've washed on hot for months now :)  Taking it over the top the last time, I IRONED, yes ironed, my clean nighttime underwear as I could feel movement along the elastic after treating immediately upon going to bed.  This made all the difference.  (I know, TMI, but this whole site is a little tricky that way...)  We also bought a mattress pad (about $70) that was for dust mites and I think this made a huge difference as, previously, I would feel itching under the weight of my hips or shoulders and do feel that was wee guys moving up to the heat when I came to bed...One other thing that I think I was doing wrong previously was continuing to use the vaseline right after treating.  I never seemed to be able to get quite free of the urinary tract ones and I think I was really keeping them there a little by having so much vaseline.  Maybe give them a chance to escape if they need to :)  
One last other thing, your imagination might kick in here with you feeling itchy around your nose, eyes, ears.  Whether there is something there or not might be moot, but it helps to feel you can do something!  Keep a glass of water by your bedside in which to dip q-tips...Use these to whisk at anywhere you feel an itch on your face--scooping anything there aside and then tossing straight to a garbage can. Really helps with all those worst case scenarios the middle of the night lends itself to!
Just to encourage:  Noone else in the family got them.  Careful hygiene does make a difference (nailbrush, daily showers and all that...)  There is hope!  Biggest lesson:  I will evermore be very careful in sketchy public washrooms (which, I for one, will blame this encounter on :)
Hello Dear,
I have been in this community for over a year. What I have notice is that there are less replies in 2014, starting at the end of 2013 and I wanted to know if you are still free from symptoms. I read your comment and I believe this may be one that works.
A quick story I heard from my MD this women is deathly ill for a couple years,  shortness of breath, heart problems . nausea, weight loss, dizziness, and general weakness this lady traveled all over the world seeking answers from MD they cannot figure it out . She had tons of tests  I read that  parasite testing  are only 20% accurate because parasites hide . The ND figure it was  parasites my  put her on Six month of parasite medicine at the sixth month she gets super sick and passes a nest of parasites and immediately gets better!!. It is wise to stay on parasite cleanse for a long time to kill all the parasites be sure it is gentle and be sure to take your vitamins and replace good flora. I take DE just for general  maintenance I think it is wise to do a parasite cleans every seven months.  
I bought my Food grade Diametameous Earth on Amazon and it was shipped right to my door
could you tell me how you ingested the DE?  did you drink it with water, juice, or what?  
Hi, Thanks for sharing your experience, advice, and courage. I am fighting too. I will describes my remedies when I get closer to the finish line. I'm better than I was. I am grateful for progress. I fight to stay hopeful and stay on top of the hard work.
That's a idea I have been pondering for weeks. The DE kills the eggs and the eggs are laid outside the body. I have also read that the DE must stay dry to work as it should.
That's the spirit. Maybe one day being able to help someone from fighting alone is another goal of mines. I can honestly say that I feel closer every month.
Thanks for the information Dear. I also read much about how many people have parasites but the tests denied this very fact. Recap, A gentle parasite cleanse, Vitamins and replace the Flora lost after meds/cleanses that kill parasite are taken. For now I have very few symptoms but I do have to stay ahead of them.
Just started drinking the cinnamon tea for about a week now and I can already say that there is something to it. Take for 20 days 3 times a day 30 mins before eating. Thanks!
You been on the gin again   ¬._0
I've had a couple of parasite tests, all came back negative, yet when I do an enema with a little vinegar, I get a lot out - a number of inches long.  Also, had very good success with taking bromelain and papain on an empty stomach.
My entire family did two (three day/twice daily) courses of Mebednazole space 12 days apart. My this time we had been practicing immaculate hygiene and had the house professionally cleaned twice and all the carpets and sofas steam cleaned professionally. After that we did papaya seed smoothies (fresh papayas ONLY) for one week and followed up with 6 weeks of Crushed Clove Bud Herb at every meal and also garlic gel-tabs.  During this time we carefully removed our sleeping garments (tight fitting underpants ALONG WITH cuffed sweatpants) every morning and scrubbed our bums with soap, water, and each a clean, scrubby cloth.  Since then, I think it was last April, we have had NO FURTHER infestation.

I just wonder if those who think they are the only ones affected in their households are insisting EVERYONE follow the same rigorous hygiene and herb/drug therapies they are. Just because you can't feel them, doesn't mean they aren't there. Many adults don't feel them at all.  If ALL THE PEOPLE IN THE HOUSE are not following the same guidelines, they are likely spreading eggs everywhere and YOU, dear sufferer, are simply reinfecting yourself. Everyone is likely infected, not just you.  If even a single egg makes it back into your intestinal tract, you will become afflicted again.  Sorry for that bad news, but it is very true.  Be vigilant, you CAN get rid of them.
just a note - I've done mebednazole numerous times, but I really have had the best results with the papain chewables on an empty stomach.  I get much more out - a lot of the little stuff as well as larger parasites, plus much easier to get at the Vitamin shoppe - I like their papaya chewables taste the best, though I think all brands I've tested so far seem to work about the same for the same dose.  Plus - lots of other health benefits for the enzymes like papain and bromelian - my cholesterol is down and I haven't felt the need for anything like advil.
After 4 years of trying everything, what finally worked for me was this:

400mg of Albenza 2 times per day for 10 days straight

It's been 6 months now and no sign of them whatsoever.  Mebendazole has been removed from the market here in the U.S., probably because it doesn't work anymore due to resistance.  I had used Albeza before but the silly take one, wait 2 weeks, take another one method, which didn't work.  Taking it the way described above worked.  I also took it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil with each dose because fat is supposed to make it work even better.
WHAT IS YOUR DUMB POINT FOR LIVING?
Yes I agree this infection can be beat just as the common cold . Chess anyone?
Thanks for the information ohioguy513 and from the bit of research that most have done here your solutions seem to be right on track.
That would be the cheapest remedy of all time, lets hope it works for someone.
Hi I'm am a 14 year old girl and have all these symptoms I have  had them for a week now and want these horrors out of me as soon as possible i have read all the comments and found helpful resources. I will let you know if there is any progress.
I know this is a crazy idea, but it doesn't seem like many other suggestions seem to be working to completely cure pinworms.  I'll start off by saying that my son has had them for 2 months.  We've taken a dose of PinX and 2 doses of Albenza.  He just started to complain of itching again (about two weeks after last dose).  How you wondered why pinworms thrive in some digestive systems more than others?  There has to be a reason.  We've followed the hygiene routine just as advised…just like many of you.  There has to be a reason.  My crazy idea: nobody wants to talk about our problem because it's embarrassing, so why not get someone else to? I just wrote to CNN and Fox News.  They have, in the Contact Us section, a link to report a news story.  The inability of some to rid themselves of pinworms is a story that should be covered!  Doctors shrug their shoulders and are no help, so maybe there is somebody out there that is wise enough to do the proper research and help so many who are suffering.  If enough people write about it, maybe it will be covered.  Flood all news stations (even local ones).  We obviously aren't doing much good with our our remedies, so let's put our fingers to work and write people who have a voice (or are willing to use it since we're too embarrassed to speak up in that manner).  I hope others will follow suit!  Good luck to all!!
I am so pleased because after suffering with pinworms for years I am completely free!!!  Yay!!! I firstly  cleansed my sysyem by cutting out all sugars incluing fruit sugars and eating 1/2 teaspoon papaya seeds every day. I also started cleaning the house with clove tea added to my normal cleaner. I added this to the laundry too. I moved on to eating papaya seeds once a week. Then I introduced cayeen pepper into my diet. I sprinkle a bit on any food that will take it. I just sprinkle it on my food as the family don't want it. I also converted to using virgin coconut oil in my cooking and think this has helped.
Anyway, after fighting pinworms for many years this seems to have got rid of them completely in about 3 months.  You must  clean regularly with the clove tea too cause it kills the eggs. I put the tea on a cloth and clean the whole house especially everything I touch, eg telephone, fridge door, doorknobs etc.  Hope this helps. I have been free for 6 months. Do let me know!!
Wow! That is wonderfully put and I agree 110 percent. Also If what I am going through helps another that would be golden to me. Yes, I will take your advice.
I can still remember what it was like when I first caught the viral infection.( I blog about it here almost two years ago) The doctors I saw were indeed clueless but all very textbook about it and I was alone but since then made stronger. What I do know for sure is that I and others who fight have been able to get this infection (Our enemy) at bay. I remember one night in the beginning not being able to sleep and no longer wanting to live with the worms at night that were eating off of me. No, I cannot say that I am totally free of the worms but I can say that they no longer rule my body and I have reduced the number GREATLY. If I being one single female can do it, why is it that the so called medical teams whom are in 2014 floating in clueless vill concerning this whole-wide INFECTION which is indeed pass just like a common cold meaning airborne.
I feel ya.  I am a single mom to FOUR and I can't get rid of them.  I have been taking diatomaceous earth for myself for almost three weeks-  just got to a tablespoon a day dosage.  I was feeling so much better and now the worms seem to have come back!  I have an ex husband that is in denial, and I don't have much help enforcing hygiene.  I have become the hygiene police, and I am making everyone around me miserable.  I have tried PinX and Albenza.  Both failed.  
Lol.  I meant to say that I can't get rid of the pinworms- not the kids. :)  It is very frustrating to battle this and I question why in the world these little worm bastards even exist.  I did papya seeds a few times and had some larger worms come out with that.  I think I will start adding papain capsules to my DE routine....  Someone had mentioned black specks in the stool- I have seen that as well.  Someone also mentioned feeling sensations of movement at the panty line- I get that too.  Also the short strands (that move!) that stand up on the underwear and the toilet paper/wet wipe when I wipe.  It's infuriating.  It really makes you question your sanity.  
How many remedies how we tried after some doctors pretty much repeat textbook. At the beginning, I lost at least twenty pounds in six month. I was badly constipated and had night horrors. I felt so alone and I worried about the people I had to work with and my loved ones. My weight has come back and bowls are now regular.
I feel certain that this is just the tip of the iceberg for I know there a thousands more across America that is suffering with this infection quietly. I am not ashamed and don't swallow the BS that is being pushed by those who do not know are could care less.
Jalapenos peppers and cinnamon tea do slow them down. The peppers without the seeds still have capsicum which many believe helps to fight cancer because when eaten the capsicum fool the body into thinking that is being attacked. Jalapenos also are full of antioxidant.and vitamins like E,C,K and,A. There are lots of recipes on the web using this wonderful pepper. One can also find helpful elements from a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper in a cup of tea or just plain water. Keep fighting Community and your body will help you beat this infection, this I have no doubt.
Yes I know where to buy it :D I buy some myself and took it orally but I couldn't figure out if I had to mix it with liquid or if I just cook with it ya know the temp and what not, I thought I was rid of these infernal things but alas no :( I will try rubbing some de powder on my butt though lol anything that kills them instantly is a win win lol  here's the link...I saw someone say gray de? but I'm pretty sure food grade is white de...here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Wisdom-Grade-Diatomaceous-Earth/dp/B003QJ8CSE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1403584228&sr=8-5&keywords=de+powder+food+grade
So yeah I've taken DE for three months on an off and saw one count it one! itty bitty worm in the toilet :( So yeah orally DE powder alone might not be the best route. Though you said it kills the eggs this I did not know! so I'll continue to take it orally as well. I seemed to get some relief of symptoms with bottled water and adding 1/2 teaspoon to the water but boy let me tell you that stuff is rough! lol So yeah I gave it up in a day or so.this is when I first noticed my symptoms, I'm one of the lucky oens that doesn't itch alot if ever I didn't even know I had them till I have a very traumatic experience! oh man I still cringe when I think of that...these things are truly a plague is that how ya spell it? As for enemas well I just don't know how to do one lol I have a vague idea of how it works...Oh yeah I've taken reeses pinworm and I think some bottles are more potent lol or maybe I just didn't eat anything but I don't have much appetite and I can't sleep so I know I just know I still have them, every now and then I'll get a tickle but it's so hot here I'm like I'm just sweaty right? wishful thinking lol ah these things suck major *** lol If only I were smart enough to be a doc I'd research the hell out of these things and find the damn cure myself! Heat and sunlight kills em I"ve been tempted to just stay in a tub of water all night and drown em...and I would! but I have this fear they'd start coming out other places even more terrifying that my butt lol
oh forgot to say what I put in the water, ranting I just love it lol Cloves the powder kind I figured why not was all I could find in a small town lol
Well I can't sleep and I just feel like talking more about my problems lol. Back to what I was saying, one bottle of reeses I didn't see any worms passed in stools and I was looking so hard too :( So after that bottle was empty took another dose and oh my god it felt like I had eaten nothing but jalenpo peppers lol you know what I mean right ahh the burn can still feel it lol. Anways after some explosive diarrhea lol I saw what I'm sure was pregnant worms god this is so gross but you guys feel my pain lol. I know because they were bigger than that little white thread worm from before. Unless I'm just full of other crap :( anyways after that I didn't have another symptom and I was sooo happy  even then I took the other dose in two more weeks and even took another one after that. I'm not 100 percent I have them now...more like 98 lol I just really think I do damn it. I've never tried that other prescription med since from reviews didn't seem to work anyways not for good at least and heard it was expensive. I truly believe docs know the cure but more money to have returning customers. Never tried the black walnut wormwood stuff either. Oh and I am religious about hygiene so before you start thinking I'm a dirty slob lol Always wash hands in hot hot water after bathroom visits. I think everyone has them I really do I mean from the info I've read these eggs are everywhere, on produce at the store...before I would never really wash em in hot water good nope just cold water quickly well I changed that lol.  In resturaunts all it takes is one of the servers or cooks to contaminate your food but I still eat out cause I want to lol To be safe from them you'd have to live in a bubble 24/7 but then my symptoms are really mild compared to some I got lucky at something lol though damn it not something to brag about :( Also I almost went insane...not for real lol but I felt crazy! I have tried to not think about them inside my body cause that will really mess with your head. I tell myself this, every living creature on this earth has one form o parasite or the other..wish humans were exempt from this but alas we are animals as well. I tell myself I won't have these forever...if you can catch their dreaded cycle then you can outlast them lol I believe 13 weeks is the hated lifespan of them...but good old reinfection will say not so fast I like living here! lol So def gonna do the coconut oil and de powder at night...was that all? just rub some oil around the area? Oh other tidbits, drink pineapple juice, I always felt so good when I did take that and that oh you want to rumble and talk stomach? *takes another gulp* lol Really guys if you don't try to find some humor in this you will go crazy, at least I will. Don't beleive people who say you can never get rid of them cause that is bs pure and simple, at least it better be! You can defeat these persistent things, they just really really like our bodies and want to stay lol. Heard powdered cinnamon is good too which I drink in water :) it's drinkable unlike the cloves lol
Did your doctor told you to take albendazole that way or you read somewhere? I've found that you can take 400 mg once a day three days and repeat for 2 weeks ... I can t found anywhere your way... Are you still free of pinworms?
I've been struggling with pinworms for at least a year and the only thing that's worked for me is diatomaceous earth. I took the prescriptions and cleaned everything obsessively but nothing made them go away until I started taking DE. I've been taking it for about 2 months now and haven't seen any worms in weeks, although I don't feel confident stopping treatment. They're so persistent I'm afraid they'll come back. I would definitely recommend DE over pin-x or any medication your doctor gives you because that stuff is poison (there's a reason you're only supposed to take it once every 2 weeks).
Viewing 401-434 comments: