Gastroenterology Community
chest pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

chest pain

last year I had chest pain, flushed face and felt agitated, I was checked out I have early Barrets and a ulcer with HP, I completed a course of antibiotics and was put on Nexium, 6 months later I was feeling the return of chest pain , flushed face and felt agitated went back to the Dr and again had HP back I completed a 2 week course of antibiotics with Pepto bismal also Nexium.
I have since stopped drinking coffee and eating chips and feel allot better, is there anything else I could be doing and any other medications that are better than Nexium- i really feel Nexium is doing nothing for me.
Thank you Ross Grant

Ross, I hope the second round of antibiotics was done on a test other than a blood test for H. pylori. After you've acquired H. pylori, the subsequent tests to check for the presence of that bacterium should typically be a breath test.

You may want to consider following a GERD diet. There are foods that are known to produce more acid than others, and still other foods that relax the lower esophageal sphincter more readily than others allowing refluxate into the esophagus. It's suggested you remove those foods from your diet. You can find examples of a GERD diet on many sites including gicare.com.

There are several forms of medication that can be tried. If one doesn't work, talk to your doc about trying a different PPI. They don't all work the same for each individual, despite what some docs seem to feel.
Thx Calgal-I will try the website