Gastroenterology Community
chest pains for a year

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

chest pains for a year

Hello, I have been having some chest pains for almost a year now and I am still not positive as to what it is. I have very bad pains on the left side of my chest that run down my left arm and into my fingers. For a while I thought it was cardiac, but I have had several EKG’s, several blood tests, a cardiac echo, a stress test, and I wore an event monitor for 2 weeks, and everything came back normal.

I recently went and saw a gastroenterologist and yesterday I had an endoscopy done and the results said
             "Erythema, friability and granularity in the duodenal bulb compatible with duodenitis (biopsy)
                Normal Mucosa in the second part of the duodenum (biopsy)
                Normal mucosa in the stomach (biopsy)
                Mild scarring at the GE junction. (biopsy)"

I just had a few questions and I was wondering if anyone could possibly answer them.

1. Is there anyway that these test results could show what has been giving me so much pain in my chest and left arm for a year.
  2. Are there any other tests that I could have done to look into this area?
           Thank you very much, and I would greatly appreciate any responses by anyone who is knowledgeable in this field, or by anyone who might think they can help.
                                                                             ~Brian
duodenitis.inflammation of the duodenum..Any inflammation is going to cause pain. I had severe acid reflux, and at the worst of times thought I too was having a heart attack.  Did your gastroenterologist perscribe anything for you?