Gastroenterology Community
chest pressure and gerd

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

chest pressure and gerd

i am a 31 year old female and have suffered with hiatal hernia and GERD problems for quite a few years.i have been experiancing alot of pressure in my chest and the achiness radiates through to my back.does anybody else have these problems?tomorrow i go in for my 2nd endoscopy and the bravo ph study.hasd anybody had the bravo placememt done and if so,how was the experience?i am freaking out here
Mandy I also have gerd , Hital Hernia and Gastritis and have had for a few years now . Just from my experience yes I definitely get  chest pressure and alot of pain radiating to my back from these and have asked the dr and was told it is common , In fact over the last few years I have made many trips to Er thinking of heart attack because of pressure in chest and pain radiating to my back , This is just my experience and good luck tomorrow, Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon. Joy
please let me know what you find out,i have all the same things going on,but i was told i had no hernia,but the same kinda pain,it comes and goes.
i was worried about pancereatitis,but i know a guy with it,and from what i hear,i wouldnt be able to deal with that kinda pain without some serious meds!...but i get the upper abdominal pain just under rib line that radiates to my back ,,,comes and goes,,please let me know what you find out,,,i did have tests,and everything looks good,,,ct scan.stuff like that.
I was just in the ED this past week and admitted for more tests. I get the same thing but I also have found my blood pressure shoots through the roof. I have a hiatal hernia and acid reflux also. So far the other tests are negative. I'm following up with another specialist soon...