chronic gastritis and severe reflux for over a year....help!
I am a 27 year old Canadian woman who has been living and working in Japan for the last 2 1/2 years.  For the last year and a half I've been having a lot of problems with gastritis and reflux and I can't seem to get rid of them.  I first noticed the symptoms last year when I felt a terrible burning in my stomach and had a lot of belching and heartburn after I ate.  I had an upper GI X-ray done and there wasn't anything wrong except for excess acid production.  I was given Zantac to take twice a day (75 mg at a time).  It seemed to help at first, but then a few months later the symptoms got worse.  I had an endoscopy done about 10 months ago and I was diagnosed with having gastris and some acid reflux. I was also tested for H-pylori at that time, and the results were negative. I was given famotidine (20 mg twice a day), but then when that didn't help I was given lansoprazole (30 mg after evening meal).  I took lansoprazole for about 6 months and it seemed to be helping, but in the last couple of months I noticed it wasn't nearly as effective as it had been at first.  The doctor changed my medication to omeprazole (20 mg twice a day), but I found it didn't help anymore than the lansoprazole.  In the last month or so, the symptoms have become very uncomfortable and distressing.  I'm continuing to take lansoprazole along with antacids the doctor recommended(Gaviscon and Maalox), but I still have trouble.  After every meal I have terrible burning pain in my stomach just below my ribs and I feel nauseous but never vomit.  Sometimes I have heartburn all day and my esophagus and throat feel really raw and painful from all the acid.  I am reduced to eating bananas and bread becasue any food with even a little acid or oil causes terrible discomfort. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night from the pain of reflux, and often the pain radiates up into my left shoulder. The doctor here told me that lansoprazole or omeprazole should have cleared things up, but I've been on the medication for more than 6 month and things are worse than ever. The doctor says my problems are caused by stress from my job and life in a foreign country, but I don't feel particularly stressed. I can't understand why none of this medication is helping me.  Can stress be a main cause of gastritis and reflux? Since the discomfort has been getting worse, I've started to worry that maybe I have a more serious condition like gastric cancer. My endoscopy was done about 10 months ago, but do you think I should have another one done? Any advice anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.  I'm so frustrated with this problem and I can hardly eat anything.  

Thank you!
I had heartburn all the time also. I had a bunch of tests done and they came up with reflux,hiatal hernia and gastritis. They put me on previcid and it has been wonderful. No heartburn. But still bothered by severe uncomfortable pressure on my left side under my ribs. They have done almost every test and still have no solution.I am very upset over this and sometimes feel like a hypocondria but know better.
I often feel as if I am going to vomit but do not.  What is the name of this condition and why may I be feeling this way?
I sympathize with your condition, and I do think stress has a ton to do with any stomach conditions that are not easily diagnosed with tests.  

I have been suffering from some undiagonosed becoming-chronic colon cramping.  It is basically trapped gases that don't flow and because so cause this intense hardening of the colon.  I have to massage it out and it is not always effective.  When it's occurring in the center of my stomach, it must be pressing on my diaphram, because it feels uncomfortable and like I have to clear my throat (but it's the colon I want to clear).  Disgusting, all of it, but I'm now convinced after clean tests, that it is stress AND for some reason, I am hyperaware of that part of my body -- perhaps my nerves for that area are charging more often.  

I think beta-blockers would be good for must of the stress causing stomach problems....and I'm seeing another specialist tomorrow.....
Dear Sue
I found your letter whilst I was checking out a similar problem
that I have been diagnosed with (reflux esophaegitis).I have been taking prescribed medication for three years now (zoton). Which works very well.
It is a pump inhibitor, according to my GP. I have had an endoscopy which revealed damage to my esyphaegus caused by reflux.
The treatment only masks the symptons and does not fix the problem. Sress and wrong diet have been suggested as a possible cause for the problem. I tend to agree with that.
I have found that stress causes sudden flare ups and discomfort.
Fast food and that type of diet makes the situation worse.
Experience has proved that healthy eating, a little excercise and a little less wine can work wonders. Zoton assists when I need a little help.
My symptons have included severe prolonged heartburn, gas, pain in the chest, sleepness nights, constipation etc etc. It seems there is no cure at this stage.
I also have Bile reflux and acid reflux up into my throat. My throat swells up instantly when I get a spasm in my esophagus. Sometimes the spasm starts in my small intestine and travels up through my stomach and esophagus. The doctor says this is bile reflux from the small intestine.
I seem to have developed food and chemical sensitivities in my throat due to this. I had a severe allergic reaction to nuts and to a natural sweetener called stevia. I told the doctor about this but didn't get any reaction or feedback. Oh, well, I got some comfort from reading everyone else's messages here. I thought I was a hypochondriac but I see others have the same problem. I take Prilosec once a day, but I think I need to increase it.
My name is Tracey and I am 33 years old.  I have been suffering from Gastritis and delayed gastric emptying for three months.  The origin is inknown. I wanted you to know that I have been researching like crazy and have no answers either. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.  Good Luck
I have very similar problems. The pain is in my lower abdomen and I have a lot of gas when it get severe.  I am a middle age woman not over weight and very active.  I don't feel over stressed.
I have tried alot of the over the counter drugs and prilosec which seemed to help for a little while but it would always come back after a week or so. This has been going on for years but on and off.

I have been on Prilosec for like 2 years or more
and I think it
is truly a wonder drug.
You should talk to your doctor it really works and I live
in Arizona and eat all the wrong really HOT spice food
drink way too much beer and I do mega caffine..

I have reflux and heyatal hernia get acid from rice and
water ...

Steve
Tempe AZ

Sue I have been on prilosic for 6 years and the last few months started to have episodes of very strong burping and gastritis.
It is as if I was taking nothing.  I was scoped 6 years ago and nothing showed up.  I am currently scheduled for a ultrasound of the gall bladder and an upper GI.  This is a miserable way to live never knowing what is going to bring on an episode.
my 4 year old son with autism has problems with a sore stomach I am sure that this is some sort of reflux as he still spills some of his food out of his mouth, then will double over. I have had doctors say it's only a tummy bug, yeah sure!!!!!!!!!. as my 3 year old had vert severe reflux that has spent numerous times in hospital with blood in his vomit. I can really relate to your ordeal.
I am a 63 old felmale and have benn on med for 30 years for'HEATBURN' Now nothing is working, I have had Laryngitis for 3 months. I hope you get  better.
I HAVE HAD GASTRIC PROBLEMS FOR OVER THREE YEARS.  I'M 28-YEARS OLD AND OFTEN FEEL LIKE AN OLD MAN.  I HAVE GONE TO SEVERAL DOCTORS AND THEY HAVE RUN NUMEROUS TESTS.  THEY ALL SAY ITS NOTHING.  AFTER, EVERY MEAL I HAVE SEVERE TRAPPED GAS, WHICH FOLLOWS ABOUT 2-3 HOURS WITH BELCHING.  I ALSO HAVE PAIN IN MY LEFT ARM AT TIMES.  I FEEL THAT THIS TRAPPED GAS PUTS PRESSURE ON MY HEART.  I HAVE GIVEN UP ON MEDICATION AND DOCTORS!!!!!
I have been having trouble with swallowing since March 2000.  Sometimes when I eat, I get this feeling as if the food is getting stuck somewhere along the line.  I also was having a pain under my breasts at times (this only happened about 3 times).  A visit to my doctor resulted in him prescribing Zantac.  After a while of still having problems with swallowing I went to the doctor again and was sent for a barium swallow.  The results came back as having reflux in the chest and my throat was normal.  Within the past few weeks, my swallowing hasn't been all that bad.  I still ocassionally get problems though.  I have tried to think if there is something that I did that might have started this whole thing as I had recently changed my diet to a healthier one and had begun to exercise on a stationary bike.  I don't know what to do next and to be honest, I'm afraid of getting any testing done.  I don't know whether this helps any but I had tried for a while (after consulting the doctor) taking over-the-counter allergy sinus pills because I felt congested in my chest area.  I got the feeling that it was helping but really don't know if it was.  I'm wondering if I could have allergies and not be aware of it as I have a family history of allergies.  I don't think that the Zantac is doing anything at all as I do not feel I have acid reflux.  I have not once had that bitter, acidy taste nor does it feel like acid (which I have had quite a few times when eating tomato based foods).  Would be interested in anyone's opinion on this.  Thanks!
My husband has had bouts with acid reflux from time to time and we are great believers on herbal medicine have you tried any herbs?  Garlic is good. Chlorophyll and aloe vera juice has know to heal ulcers in your stomach.  It wouldnt hurt to try it. Stress will attack your mind and your mind goes to the path of least resistance which is usually your stomach,mind and/or your heart. Stress will produce just as much acid as food will. You might be under stress and not even know it. Good Luck and God bless.  Please let me know how you are doing at ***@****
Hello, I saw your posting. I have Gastritis and Acid Reflux as well...All started a year ago, when I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis...supposibly the medications I was on have caused the gastritis and nothing seems to be working....I'm in tough shape too, and was wondering if your improving and if so, what did you do?
I'm on Prevacid, Asacol and just got off of Prednisone...
i dont have acid reflux.. got that cast iron stomach ..but have had a  lot of pain under left rib like it was broke or something.. did the ultrasound and they said gastiris... BUT!!!.... i have been under alot of pressure and stress lately.. just recently started a new job feeling better... been treated with prilosec and simithicon..gastrtix40 miligrams a day  over the counter ... also found more natural fiber seems to help .. sitting hurts me alot  at times and forget trying to lie down and get comfortable...like a constant pressure that doesnt go away ...  i have been checking into h pylori on net to see if i have symtom\s of that .. i think i do but we will just see... trust me .. i started a job after being laid off for 4 months ..(when problems started) and the last 2 days i feel better... also gained about 20 # since i have been off... and i dont need the extra middle!  so maybe stress does have something to do with it? not sure... i usually strive on stress at work (being a chef) but not when it comes to home life!  maybe together we can all work this **** out?   good luck mary ann   rabitdid68 @aol.com take care
HELLO...  I'M SORRY BUT I DON'T HAVE ANY ADVICE THAT I COULD GIVE YOU OVER YOUR SITUATION.  I WAS HOPING THAT MAYBE YOU COULD HELP ME LEARN A LITTLE BIT MORE ABOUT GASTRITIS.  MY BOYFRIEND CLAIMS TO HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS THAT YOU HAVE.  HE HAS GONE MANY TIMES TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM IN MEXICO DUE TO HIS CONDITION.  THE DOCTORS IN MEXICO THAT ATTENDED HIM SEEM TO have BEen CONFUSED ABOUT THE SITUATION.  SOME DOCTORS SAY THAT IT CAN'T BE CURED, OTHERS SAY THAT IF HE HAS AN OPERATION DONE THAT IT COULD GET WORSE (HE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY EVERY 2 YEARS OR SO).  HE HAS COME TO THE UNITED STATES TO GET BETTER HELP.  HE HAS GONE TO THE HOSPITAL TWICE AND THEY GIVE HIM A MEDICATION THAT USUALLY ONLY WORKS FOR A WHILE AND EVENTUALLY THE SYMPTOMS COME BACK.  DO YOU KNOW IF HIS CONDITION COULD BE PASSED ON TO OTHERS THROUGH ANY SORT OF CONTACT.  I DON'T MEAN TO BE RUDE WITH THAT COMMENT, PLEASE DON'T GET OFFENDED.  I LOVE HIM DEARLY AND WISH THE BEST FOR HIM.  IS THERE ANY ADVICE YOU COULD GIVE ME ABOUT HIS CONDITION.  I AM PRETTY SURE BOTH OF YOU HAVE THE SAME CONDITION.  ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE REGARDING THIS SITUATION WOULD BE A GREAT HELP AND WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.  I WISH YOU THE BEST FOR YOU AND MY BOYFRIEND... HOPEFULLY YOU WILL FIND A CURE BECAUSE NO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH ANYTHING LIKE THIS.  TAKE CARE AND I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON.  

PLEASE WRITE BACK TO ME AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
***@****
Dear Sue

I am not a Doctor but am suffering with gastritis as well.  It's awful and I too feel nausea every day.  I have had the same tests and medication as yourself with no real improvement.  However why I am writing is because about 15 years ago I had my gallbladder removed and my symptoms were similar to yours.  Have you been checked for this?

Hopefully you are cured by now as you posted you memo last October.

From Dawn
***@****
To everyone that medication does not work on I would very much recomend having the Nisson surgury. I had it in '98 and have not had heartburn since. They don't have to open you up anymore just five little holes and back to work in about a month. If you have Barrett's the real danger is cancer so get checked at least once a year for the beginning sings

Good luck to all
I HAVE A LOT OF THE SAME SYMTOMS YOU HAVE. I AM FRUSTRATED AT MY CLINICAL DIAGONSIS OF GASTRITIS. ZANTAC HAS NOT HELPED MUCH, AND KNOW I'VE GONE HERBAL WITH SLIPERRY ELM TABS, IT HELPED FOR A WHILE BUT I FELT VERY BLOATED TODAY ,WHICH MAKES ME FEEL VERY BAD AND UNFOCOUSED ,IT HARD TO EXPLAIN ,BUT I'M TIRED OF FEELING LIKE THIS.

PLEASE CALL,
MAYBE WE CAN HELP EACH OTHER
I was up at 3:00 in the morning trying to find some information on upper right side pain under the ribs.  I had this same pain a couple of weeks ago and it went away.  I dismissed it as gas, but, here it is again and I was just a little worried.  After reading all of your comments, I believe it is related to either gas or reflux.  Does yours hurt more when you lie down?  Mine seems too.  Also, when I inhale deeply, sometimes I get a sharp pain associated with it.  Thanks.

Todd

Todd
My daughter has been suffering from chronic reflux for four years.  This past October she started vomiting on a daily basis.  No medication has helped to stop the vomiting.  Their thinking of placing a picc line to give her stomach a rest.  If that don't work she'll have a j-tube placed for an undetermined amount of time.
I also have gastris, and it seems no medication is working and the symptoms are getting worse. I would love to feel better and not suffering from massive heartburn. Is there a MIRACLE Drug?
Can you tell me if you have a bad case of halitosis?
I am having the same problem and I know that it is causing an odor. Nothing I do seems to help! and I have tried it all!!

Can anyone out there help?

Thanks.
Dear Canadian Woman:

I would suggest the following changes in your food habits. Hopefully it should help you:

1. Avoid tea or coffee or chocolates or sweets or any alcoholic beverages - i.e., any thing that will produce acid,
2. Eat only freshly cooked food as far as possible. No two and three day left overs please,
3. As far as possible eat vegetarian food - they are easy on the digestive system,
4. Try to include a cup of butter milk/ bowl of yogurt after food,
5. Drink two table spoons of Ayurevedic medicine (ancient and time proven - i.e., 6000 year old Indian medicine) Jeerakadirishtam diluted with one cup of boiled and cooled water after dinner.

good luck

Please understand that I am saying this as service to a fellow human being. Please no law suits if the above does not work.
Dear Canadian Woman:

good luck

Hey there Sue... with all the new cases of hepatitis C and that being one of the common complaints of alot of patients (gastro problems).. you may want to just ask your doc for a hep c antibody test. It is missed often in regular testing for years before people find out they have it. It can't hurt to get tested.. i think everyone w/ any risk factor should.
good Luck whatever the result.
Hello. I am a 28 year old teacher. About a year and a half ago I got really sick for over a month. I had really bad lower abdominal pains. I couldn't eat and I  lost over 12 Lbs. I was out of work for the whole month. I was really weak and the only thing I could do was lay around and go to different doctors to try to find out what was wrong. After having numerous tests done such as blood tests, glucose tolereance test, x-rays, CT scans, sigmoidoscopy nothing was really found. They did say that they thought it could be stress related and recommended me to go to a therapist. I did for a couple of months and I got rid of a lot of stressors in my life. They tried putting me on a couple different medications to try to relax the lower GI Tract, especially at night so that I could sleep. After a year and a half I still do not fill myself. I still have lower stomach pain in the morning, before bed time and after I eat. Sometimes during the day I get really shakey and light-headed I fill like I might pass out or vomit. I get so weak that I fill like I can't even lift my arms up. I have since gained back the weight and are able to eat more things, but I still feel horrible. I guess I am just getting more used to living with the pain. I don't know what to do and would welcome any suggestions. Every time I go to the doctor they never really do anything. Help
Hello. I am a 28 year old teacher. About a year and a half ago I got really sick for over a month. I had really bad lower abdominal pains. I couldn't eat and I  lost over 12 Lbs. I was out of work for the whole month. I was really weak and the only thing I could do was lay around and go to different doctors to try to find out what was wrong. After having numerous tests done such as blood tests, glucose tolereance test, x-rays, CT scans, sigmoidoscopy nothing was really found. They did say that they thought it could be stress related and recommended me to go to a therapist. I did for a couple of months and I got rid of a lot of stressors in my life. They tried putting me on a couple different medications to try to relax the lower GI Tract, especially at night so that I could sleep. After a year and a half I still do not fill myself. I still have lower stomach pain in the morning, before bed time and after I eat. Sometimes during the day I get really shakey and light-headed I fill like I might pass out or vomit. I get so weak that I fill like I can't even lift my arms up. Also. I burp constantly even if I am drinking just water. I can feel and hear the gas in my lower stomach all the time. I have since gained back the weight and are able to eat more things, but I still feel horrible. I guess I am just getting more used to living with the pain. I don't know what to do and would welcome any suggestions. Every time I go to the doctor they never really do anything. Help
i am having severe burning in my chest almost every day now. it started a couple of months ago when i thought i was having a heart attack. i think that a lifestyle change may solve my problem, such as stop smoking and eliminate alcohol, fatty foods, and late-night food. if this doesnt help, i will see the doctor and try to get some medication.
Sue,
My sister had  identical symptoms as yourself for months.  She lost weight,had severe gastitis, felt sick to her stomach-especially after eating, no energy whatsoever, constant burning in her stomach, etc. She was on acid pills and nausau pills. (she too never vomited-but felt like it) The only thing they could confirm was that her stomach was inflamed and had alot of acid.  She had all possible tests, as you, that showed nothing.  Finally after exhausting all efforts, her Dr. put her on a strong anti-biotic that kills bacteria.  Keep in mind that she previously had the test for H-Pyloria (ulcer causing bacteria which was negative.)   This anti-biotic called Humatin I believe did the trick!!!  We think she may have either picked it up scuba diving in South America, or it could have been anywhere.  She now is still on the acid pills only as she still has gastritis from all she went through, but only for another couple of weeks.  All it took was about three weeks of the Humatin!  She feels herself again.  If you want more info, I will respond.  Good Luck.  I would not wish anyone to go through what my sister went through or what you are going through.
Sue,
For the past year and a half my doctor thought what I had was allergies because my symptoms were felt a lot in my head and throat and ears.  I didn't believe I had allergies but I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  Well, two months ago I developed what I thought was arthritis in my chest and it turned out to be the big red sign that finally got me diagnosed with acid reflux.  I tried Tagamet but it didn't help at all.  Then I was put on Protonix and it didn't help much really and I even got worse on it.  Of course, by this time I was stressing out pretty bad over the whole thing because I had heard about acid reflux causing cancer, and I was deeply afraid that because I had gone a year with this condition that I could have a severe problem by now. I think the stress of that alone really worsened my problem.  My reflux got way worse after medication failed and my doctor admitted he didn't know what was wrong and I would have to see a gastroenterologist. Well, I had a month to wait for my endoscopy, and I was so afraid.  But I think being afraid like this caused me to stop caring so much, and I started praying alot, just trusting God to help me.  I am still not completely cured, but I think there is much to be said about reducing stress and trying not to worry about it.  Sometimes when I let myself worry, my symptoms get bad again even when it seems I am healing.  By the way, the endoscopy showed I have bile gastritis and so far we don't know what's causing it, but at the time of the endoscopy it was mostly healed.  I am still taking Carafate and Protonix, and I sleep alot and pray alot and try my best not to worry.  I think that because stomach problems are so painful and frightening it is hard not to worry, but fear does cause changes in the stomach, like getting "butterflies", and so maybe prolonged worrying could contribute to the severity of the symptoms. I hope all of you will find relief from your conditions soon, and I will keep you in my prayers.
For the past year and a half my doctor thought what I had was allergies because my symptoms were felt a lot in my head and throat and ears.  I didn't believe I had allergies but I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  Well, two months ago I developed what I thought was arthritis in my chest and it turned out to be the big red sign that finally got me diagnosed with acid reflux.  I tried Tagamet but it didn't help at all.  Then I was put on Protonix and it didn't help much really and I even got worse on it.  Of course, by this time I was stressing out pretty bad over the whole thing because I had heard about acid reflux causing cancer, and I was deeply afraid that because I had gone a year with this condition that I could have a severe problem by now. I think the stress of that alone really worsened my problem.  My reflux got way worse after medication failed and my doctor admitted he didn't know what was wrong and I would have to see a gastroenterologist. Well, I had a month to wait for my endoscopy, and I was so afraid.  But I think being afraid like this caused me to stop caring so much, and I started praying alot, just trusting God to help me.  I am still not completely cured, but I think there is much to be said about reducing stress and trying not to worry about it.  Sometimes when I let myself worry, my symptoms get bad again even when it seems I am healing.  By the way, the endoscopy showed I have bile gastritis and so far we don't know what's causing it, but at the time of the endoscopy it was mostly healed.  I am still taking Carafate and Protonix, and I sleep alot and pray alot and try my best not to worry. I hope all of you will find relief from your conditions soon, and I will keep you in my prayers.
For the past year and a half my doctor thought what I had was allergies because my symptoms were felt a lot in my head,throat and ears.  Well, two months ago I developed pain in my chest and it turned out I have acid reflux.  I tried Tagamet but it didn't help.  Then I was put on Protonix and it didn't help much, and I even got worse on it.  My reflux got worse after medication failed and my doctor admitted he didn't know what was wrong and I would have to see a gastro-enterologist. Well, I had a month to wait for my endoscopy, and I was so afraid.  But being afraid like this I started praying alot, just trusting God to help me.  I am still not completely cured, but I think there is much to be said about reducing stress and trying not to worry about it.  Sometimes when I let myself worry, my symptoms get bad again even when it seems I am healing. By the way, the endoscopy showed I have bile gastritis and so far we don't know what's causing it, but at the time of the endoscopy it was mostly healed.  I am still taking Carafate and Protonix, and I sleep alot, pray alot and try my best not to worry. I hope all of you will find relief from your conditions soon, and I will keep you in my prayers.

I don't know how to began, this is my first time visiting this site,and i could not believe how many of you suffer from the same symptomy that i'm suffering, i was shocked to learn that even young girl have this kind of problem.
let me tell you my story, but before i began to tell you my story i want to mention this to you as i'm reading your comments i came across one letter i believe that it was from nikki, and she was saying that she was having cest pain week arm, and she end up in the ER many times and be tested for hart attack.
Well let me tell you my now i'm 50 year old woman and for many years i have suffered adominol pain on the left lo quadrom with simptomy traveling to the vaginal area it felt like stabing or bug bites. So i began to see doctors in 1987 excetly 13 year go well i went from doctor to doctor and no results i was send for test anything you can think of nothing showed, frustration began after ultrasound,urodinamic,xray cat scan, xray with contrast, nothing showed more frustration the pain was unberable, well my doc sugested laporascopy so we schedule that and when he went in he find out that i had endomitriosis. Felt better for a while and then back to square one, i went back to my doc and we began with more test nothing showed  back to suffering with acid reflex bloding stomach well the last test on MRI nothing showed well i could not take anymore the pain, me and my doctor decide to go for hysterathomy done by laporascope, when he began the surgery i began to loose to much blood he could not stop the bleeding  imediately my doctor had no choice to cut me open to find that one of the artery was bleeding havily finally they stoped the bleeding and went on with surgery it was successeful surgery. after i recuperate i felt better. six months went by and problem began again back to my doctor more test again with ultrasound nothing well to abreviated the story after the last test transvaginal ultrasound they found a diverticulires on the huretra so i had to go for another surgery since i was having problem with bladder i did blader suspension at the same time every think went well after i began to recuperate i began to have the same problem again adominal pain in the low left quadrom i felt that i had something in there the size of golf ball it began to ichy back to the doctor this time they have mix diagnosis they don't know what it is they feel the mass on the left side but they cannot figure this out who's telling me irritble bowel syndrome , spasam intesine , fistula, cyst,but nobady as come up with solution yet,! now what as hapening i began to gain weight from 130 to 160lb now back to 145lb and i bouce back and for in the mean time my stomach is blodding when i eat i pass out for 2 hours i feel that i want to throw up but never could i feel very sick i had few time rush to ER with irregular hart beat and they ketp me over nighth they give me a sleeping pill and many other good stuff following a stress test in the morning witch it came out normal the next morning. In the mean time the night before the nitreclicerin helped me slow down the hart beat but the next day they send me home since THE TEST WAS NORMAL SINCE then i have seen few more doctor and no conclusion of what could be i cannot eat or drink coffe' choccolate, anything with caffeine i cannot eat no left over food it  as to be made fresh by me no restaurant food but before i eat i have to make sure that i thake a pill that i have request  my self to the doc called Lorazepam 0.5 mg i take that before meal it seams to help to relax the intestine and help my digestion. but there is one problem some times i stop this medication not to get use to and the problem began my believe is if there is a bartolin cyst between the colon and the bladder, and empty's out maybe once a month this poison goes throw  my blod stream in the mean time it's cousing me a major problem in my intestine since it may be closed inn between two organ the colon and the bladderand it may be dificult for the study to showed. my raccomandation to all of you out there is go you your doctor told him you need on xray with contrast of you admon the test is called fluriscent xray and see what show up in the mean time eat little and lite, and no mc donald or burg king food cook home cooking meal no fry , bake only boil it's also good steam your food lots of boil escarole it's good for you if you're especially constipated, and finally i would like to give you a sugestion when you feel blodding after your meal  take 1 to 2 cups water put one  bay leave in it and boil for 3 minutes take out the bay leave put sugar in the water and drink it like a tea it should relive you from blooding stomach, acid, Gas, you will see the difference.
sorry if i wrote so much this is my first time so forgive me , if you want to e-mail me please do so to ***@****

and one more thing i appoligize for my english it's not the best, but i still try
A related discussion, Reflux and Nissen Fundoplication was started.
A related discussion, Has anyone any more help with ph testing and the nissen fundoplication operation? was started.
A related discussion, GASTRITIS??!!?? was started.
A related discussion, Heartburn - Prilosec - 0meprozal was started.
Hey sue

I have been hospitalized in bangalore manipal past two weeks wtout any diagnosis.have a hsitory of pancreatitis but ths time tats nt the case.severe gastritis.upper abdomen pain.epigastric region an pain is accompanied by nausea and an urge to throw up.after lots of diagnosis thoh its not final doctors are suuggesting eosinophilic enteritis.it might be a food allergy of some sort.everyone told me its stress but I wasn't particularly stressing either.let me know if it helps.some sorta rare food allergy.on my bad days I can't eat a thng.good days I ve been eating mashed potatoes n boiled rice.good luck.wil try keep you updated
Hello Peggy, where can I find the flora. ***@****
I was told this is a tough surgery and can come undone and may not even work.what were u told?the name brand Previcid worked for me for years with Gerd than ins stopped paying for previcide and I went on generic zigarid 2o mg 2 times a day. drs now say I have silent Gerd and still producing terrible amounts of acid my previcid was 30 mg 2 times a day.I wonder if u have once been on name brand whether the generic will work.seems to be my case
I never got much heartburn either but have silent Gerd which u can research. I take zigerid 2 times a day and its evidently not working because the test done showed very high acid reflux, when I used previcid twice a day it worked until insurance wouldn't cover it any more and I went on the generic zigerid,but doctor called it silent Gerd and told me not to eat oranges or lemons nothing citris and no tomatoes or spices or fats.no pepperments of any kind.no tea or coffee only erble tea. said chewing lots of non peppermint gum produces more saliva to keep acid down also no cokes or carbonated drinks and chocolate or caffine.can have bananas and pineapple and apple juice and lots of apples whole grain breads plain potatoes lean meats nothing fried. hope this help  also drink aloe juice every day for stomach and bowels
hi Bio Flora? what is it??? im living abroad in MX and i've been experiencing same problem, i've been tolled its stress
Are already recover now? I have gastititris two years now..everyday pain