Gastroenterology Community
chronic nausea after cipro
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

chronic nausea after cipro

Has anyone had this problem develop following a course of Cipro?  My husband has continuous bouts of nausea following a long (3 mos) course of cipro for prostatitis. Finally, took himself off med because he couldn't stand the nausea.

This discussion is related to Severe Chronic Nausea.
Related Discussions
140029_tn?1393301742
oh yes.. antibiotics kill all bacteria..good or bad in your gut.  After a LOoooong course of cirpo for prostatitis for 3 months *poor guy ugh*  (hopefully his infection cleared..i'm sorry to hear that, those infections are hard to clear) it's a really good idea to find a good probioitc to start healing that gut and replacing some of the bacteria in the body.  Acidolpholis (wow I can't spell hopefully that's right) is one thing to do.. but find a good quality probiotic...fact take multiple you can't OD on them but make sure you have the different strains of good bacteria just not just one.  You could also try some good yogurts (the non-sugary kind).  

Also ciprio I think as a side effect either causes diarrera or constipation I can't remember but to re-regulate the body usually fiber is a good idea like citrucel (non-allergenic..less gas..).  Sometimes the system slows down on antibiotics and fiber will help increase bowel movements and such..

just a warning..*sometimes* i've learned after a major infection that some lack of enzymes  happen..like lactose intolerance or.. weird things dealing with food so an enzyme is a good thing to try, you could even try some 'lactaid' or eliminate lactose for oo.. 5-6 days and just see if he feels better.  Those antibiotics are brutal..especially taken long term.  Your husband probably has a bunch of digestive issues now sadly.  If not fixed they just get worse (gastritis..ulcers..SIBO..you name it..) so attack from all angles is my .02 advice but also follow up with your doctor of course

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...