Gastroenterology Community
clay stools / elimination diet

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

clay stools / elimination diet

I am four days in on an elimination diet, and I have had 2 or 3 gray or clay colored movements.  Is this cause for serious concern, or simply diet related?

Thanks,
Rock
If you're speaking of a stool that is 'grayish' in color, it might be wise to check with your doc. The normal brown color of the stool is provided by the bile that is mixed with food to help 'digest' fats. But some of the initial yellow-green colored substance passes through the whole of the small and large intestine (is not recycled) and it turns the 'brown' that ultimately colors the fecal material. Gray color may result from a lack of release of bile which can be problematic.
I also have been having clay stools.  I was on a lot of prednisone and antibiotics and was drinking a lot of milk.  Is it a sign of liver disease?
I have fatty liver on ultrasound