Gastroenterology Community
colonic hydrotherapy

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

colonic hydrotherapy

I asked my GI specialist if I could prep for a colonoscopy via colonic hydrotherapy and he said no and showed me the Colyte.   I've had several colonics before without incident and wanted to try it.   I ended up going through the awful Colyte prep and went to the colonoscopy angry.   It also took me three years to find a GI physician who would do a sigmoidoscopy for me as it is all colonoscopies now but when one finally did one for me he found a 9 mm. tubular adenoma in my sigmoid colon which I watched him remove on the monitor.  The doctor said that I was the only one he had ever done a sigmoidoscopy for!   The sigmoidoscopy experience was very positive for me and the colonoscopy that followed found no more polyps.
Hi there!

It’s great to hear your positive success story. The colonoscopy is usually an option required for safety, in the hope that we are no dealing with multiple lesions where the management may change. I hope the polyp turned out to be benign and your symptoms have settled.

Take care!