Gastroenterology Community
colonoscopy aftermath?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

colonoscopy aftermath?

On July 8, 2008 I had a pre-cancerous polyp removed from my colon or bowel. (not sure which) I have been suffering ever since with severe distention and bloating. I had the gastro emptying test which was normal and the bacteria overgrowth test also normal. I also had vertigo, nausea, vomiting, numbness in my extremeties, have not been able to each a normal sized meal without a hardness in my upper abdomen. The pressure seems to cause me not to be able to take a deep breath at times, mostly after a small amount of food. This has been going on for one year and not one doctor can tell me what is wrong. Some even told me it was MID AGE BULGE. That is so wrong as I was a size 6 the day of a colonoscopy and have blown up to a size 12. THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG HERE!!!! I spend some weekends with very bad stomach aches and the few times I tried to eat a normal size meal I have suffered from it. I want to know if it is POSSIBLE if the vagas nerve could have been nicked or damaged. One doctor even told me the vagal nerve doesnt go past the heart. Because of the immense stress and stomach aches my bi polar meds stopped working properly. I ended up trying to take my own life from the frustration and symptoms I have experienced. This has to come to the end because psychologically I cannot go another year not knowing and suffering. I would like Dr. Kevin Po to tell me his thoughts on this. If it is EXREMELY rare but POSSIBLE I want to know. I had half my thyroid out because it had a adenoma on it but the thyroid was always fine, but the tumor was too big to take out so they did half the thyroid. I also had one parathyroid removed at the same time. I told the surgeon to expect something out of the ordinary to be uncovered during surgery. I am the zebra not the horse. When I saw him the night of the surgery he told me that my parathyroid was growing inside my thyroid. I am telling you this because if it's not typical, it usually happens to me. He told me I was right and that only 5% of people who have their thyroid removed have a parathyroid growing inside it. PLEASE HELP...
dd