colonoscopy prep
its been a few hours since my last bowel movement but it was yellow.  im thinking its prob bile but is it gonna be bad if the movements arent clear before the test?

this is the hungriest ive ever been.
Don't worry worried. My bowel didn't run clear until my last movement right before I left for the colonoscopy. And I had to clean myself out for 48 hours. It takes a lot of time and fluid to clean your system from your throat to your anus. So be patient and don't worry. I was hungry too and lost 9 pounds, but you get to eat as soon as it's over.
Good luck
Mine wasn't completely clear either. It had a yellowish tinge to it. I think you're right. It's the bile from your stomach, etc. Don't worry. They should still see you. They did me and said I did a good prep! :)
Do you have to watch what you eat when the colonoscopy is over or can you go back to normal diet immediately?
They will tell you when you get there but yes, you should eat very lightly and bland preferably the first day when you get home from your colonoscopy. Stuff like soup (not creamed soup), rice, juice, applesauce. Things that won't upset your stomach. Nothing too heavy, greasy, fatty or gassy.

I went home and slept first. I was really knocked out! :). Then I ate some chicken noodle soup with saltine crackers. Of course my husband told me they said I wasn't supposed to have meat but there was very little chicken in the soup and I did fine. You also want to drink a lot to stay hydrated after the drugs they give you. You may experience a headache afterwards like I did (it wasn't too bad though). You can take Tylenol just not Motrin because it can thin your blood, I think. I can't remember why they said no to that but that's what I think it was. Anyway, stick to the Tylenol and just take it easy the first day and rest. After that, you should feel great! :)
well everything turned out fine from colonoscopy.  next week they sending the camera down my throat (hopefully not the same one).  didnt know bout eating light, afterwards me and wife went to outback and i had medium-rare steak and fries (bad idea).

how long after this does it take for stools to return to normal?
I did the same, Ate a good meal and went to bed. My doc even told my wife to take me for a big burger when the colonoscopy was over. Maybe it's the difference between men and women. I was constipated for a day since my stomach was so empty, but then things got back to normal. I also had the endo at the same time.
Thank you April 2 for your advice re diet after colonoscopy. I've bought some chicken noodle soup to have and I'll have some jelly to get me started. My hubby has a cold so hoping I don't take it or I won't get in on Sunday to have my colonoscopy! Fingers crossed I get there as I want to get it over and done with. Also going in on Friday 18th to have cystoscopy - what a week I'm going to have!