Gastroenterology Community
colonoscopy reversal
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

colonoscopy reversal

What complications can happen with a reversal.  I had a coloscopy in september and now it is time to reverse it. I had extreme complications with my surgery, 3 tears to the small intestines and a hole in my large intestine, I also got a VRE infection. Needless to say I was quite ill and recovery was difficult.  I am doing well now but I am so nervous about the reversal.  I see the surgeon on the Dec. 1, 2009 and surgery is to be on Dec. 16, 2009.  I would like to be prepared going into the surgeon office with a list of questions regarding this upcoming event.  Any help would surely be appreciated.
Thank you
Related Discussions
Has your doctor explained how these so called "tears" occurred, or the hole in the colon? I would want a clear explanation of this before proceeding with this doctor doing your second surgery.  Doctors can perforate the bowel, and "nick" the small intestine and call it whatever they want, when it's actually negligence! I've had 2 sons and a grandson have their colons removed, none had these problems.  But my oldest son's doctor "nicked" his small intestine causing many problems.  Holes and tears don't just happen, I would be very skeptical of your surgeon.  Don't want to scare you, but I lost my son and don't want to see anyone endure what he did due to negligence.  I worked for 2 GI docs and one wasn't even board certified, and felt it was funny when he lost an elderly patient during a simple procedure!  Between working for these docs and my own experiences I strongly urge second opinions, especially after someone endures what you have!  Always remember that the medical student who graduates at the bottom of his class is still called...Doctor!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...