Gastroenterology Community
colonoscopy

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

colonoscopy

I had my first colonoscopy last week.  Two polyps were removed and 1 precancerous polyp was removed.   Dr. called week later saying two polyps okay; howver, other larger one was precancerous.  He has to schedule another colonoscopy @ 6 weeks from now because he wants to make sure he got the entire polyp.  Biopsy criteria showed that he may not have gone deep enough.  The remaining tissue/polyp, is that precancerous since it is part of polyp removed?  I am @ 65, female}.    Very upset.  Thank you!

This discussion is related to questions about an adenomatous polyp with dysplasia.
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  This is very common.  It is most likely precancerous too and there is only a very small chance that it is cancerous.  Either way it is good that it is removed completely.