Gastroenterology Community
confused???

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

confused???

I would like to know why sometimes after I eat I get this urge in my throat like I have to vomit and then shortly after I will either vomit up the food or just saliva. I'm confused! Could it be I'm eating too many greasy foods? It mostly happens after I eat something somewhat greasy. What can I do or take to prevent this?
Sounds like greasy foods are aggravating your stomach, so avoid the greasy foods.  
Pay close attention to your diet and avoid foods that cause this.  

If it persists, I would have GERD ruled out by your physician.  
What would you suggest to help flush greasy foods out of my system? Detox?
It could be gall bladder related - before I had my gall bladder removed, I found that greasy foods definitely made my symptoms worse (pain, nausea, vomiting).

Try staying away from greasy foods for a while and see if it helps (I know that's sometimes easier said than done).  Also keep a food diary to see if you can relate it to any other foods/drinks.

I'm not sure of what you might be able to take to help flush the greasy foods out of your system, other than increasing your fruit/veggies and fiber and drinking plenty of water.

I also would say, as mentioned above, if the problems continues, to check in with your doctor.  He/she may suggest going to a gastroenterologist, but your primary doctor is a good place to start (you may need a referral to the gastro doc anyway, depending on your insurance).
I would not recommend any medication, etc. to flush the greasy foods out of your system; just avoid them.  
Thanks for the advice guys