consequences of using long term antibiotics
I have two questions.
Prolong use of antibiotics can destroy the "good bacterias" in your stomach therefore making your digestive system susceptible to all sort of infection. One of the common infections is candida (yeast overgrowth). I suspect that I have it because of my history using antibiotics but I experience no candida symptoms. So here goes my first question, do i have candida?

On the same note, I am currently taking probiotic supplements to replenish the good bacterias in my stomach.  My question is do I have to take probiotic supplements the rest of my life, if not for how long? or will my natural flora eventually replenish itself?

For the record: I took 1 or more month long of Doxcycline. 2 weeks of antibiotics clarithromycin and amoxicillin (for H.pylori) and 2 weeks of Flagyl (for C. dificile)

Any answers or inputs would be greatly appreciated.
When you take antibiotics, it kills ALL bacteria in the digestive tract, both good and bad.  Usually people naturally recover their good bacteria.  But for others, me included, they have to use probiotics in some form to get the good bacteria back more quickly.  So, whenever I finish up my last round of whatever antibiotic I'm on, I either drink Acidophilus milk or eat Activia yogurt for just two weeks (not for the rest of your life!), and my digestion (constipation) returns to normal.  I also drink extra water and eat plenty of fiber foods after antibiotics (whole grains and fresh vegies).  

Now, on the candida infection you have had, if you took antibiotics to get rid of it, supposedly it will go away.  But if it doesn't, then that means for some reason your body has too much yeast in it, and you'll tend to get re-infected.  This is a problem that can only be resolved by a specialist who understands body chemistry and all that jazz.  In any case, if you want to know if you've still got candida, the doc can test you for it.  Perhaps if you have it, and you go thru antibiotics again, and then as soon as you finish them up, you get the probiotics back in you, maybe you won't get the infection again.

You can do an online search for "candida causes, treatment," and visit some websites that will explain all that, and you can also do another search for "yeast, causes," and see what those websites say.  That way you'll understand why in the world you are having to go thru this so much of the time, and maybe find out what doc you should see or what you should do or should avoid doing, to keep from having these health problems all the time.
Sorry, I re-read your post, and realize now you don't have candida... that you are worried that maybe you have it.  But anyhow, my suggestions are still the same.  I don't know the signs and symptoms of candida, so once again, you could do a general search online to find out about that particular problem, and also, as I said, you could be tested for it by a doc to see if you do have that or any other health problem going on.
I appreciate your comments Gregg. It is good to know that I don’t have to take probiotics for the rest of my life.

As for the candida, I have brought up my concern to the Dr. and I even asked her to get me tested. She ignored my request and prescribed me an anti-fungal instead. I refuse to take the pill as I’m not even sure I have candida. The only indication that I might have it, as I had mentioned, is my history of antibiotic use. I was hoping I could find some information online but so far I haven’t found my answer.

Thanks anyway.
Well, here are the symptoms of candida, I copied and pasted it from another website:

•Frequent stomach pains and digestion problems
•Skin problems (skin infections, eczema, psoriasis, acne)
•Foggy brain / Trouble concentrating
•Constant tiredness and exhaustion
•Anxiety
•Mood swings
•Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
•Anger outbursts
•Irritability
•Headaches
•Intense cravings for sugars, sweets, and breads
•Itchy skin