Gastroenterology Community
constant diarrhea

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

constant diarrhea

I just came back from Dominican Republic and I didn't have diarrhea what so ever. I haven't eaten anything out of the ordinary and I'm not a stranger to the country. As soon as I returned to the U.S. I've been getting diarrhea and having to go to the bathroom a lot. This never happened to me before. I'm thinking it's not that serious to go to the doctor yet since I just returned but how long should I wait before I visit a clinic? And what can cause my problem?
"Traveler's diarrhea" that is caused by parasites (food or water poisoning) often starts with some delay and it may also last for ...weeks...Ova & parasites tests of the stool would show if you have parasites. Treatment is with antibiotics. If you do not treat it diarrhea may last for weeks and even after healing some parasites may stay in your bowel...
Avatar n tn
Hi there, i just wondered what came of our illness?Did you manage to get it resolved, i had the same problem when in... and returning from dominican republic and am struggling-3 years on..to have it resolved!!now seeing a specialist who is doing lots of testing for parasites!
Avatar n tn
Last week I  had fever and was in antibiotics tablets and injections, after that I get loose motions.  If I eat or drink something I have to go to toilet after half an hour and pass loose watery motions.  As soon I get up in the morning  I pass semi solid watery stools three to four times. In a day about 5 to 6 times.  
If I have lemon tea it stops for some time then stips
Please post your question as a post of it's own because this post is old.