Gastroenterology Community
constant hunger pains, pain center of chest upper rib cage

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

for the past 2 weeks ive been feeling hungry every 2 hrs. no matter how much or how little....2 hrs later...ill be starving as if i havent ate for days. if i dont eat...its very discomforting. the pain is at the top of my ribcage...center of my chest. it feels like...tight...and alot of pressure. im not sure if its just chest pain...or hunger, but when i eat...the pain wud go away. when im at work...and im busy with clients and cannot eat ...i wud start to feel hot n start to even sweat a bit...i wud also feel light headed. many ppl have told me maybe i am pregnant..i bought a tester today and just took it now...and no signs of a pregnancy. i also sometimes feel sore on my left shoulder blade...ive been trying to diet, ive lost 13 pounds...but from the constant eating ive gain 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks. whole time ive only puked once after i ate. and it was dry. not wet. please help meee im scared. im gonna have to go to the docs in 2 days after the weekend to see ...i will neeed a blood test. i also kno i have high cholesterol as well. helpp!
Welcome to the gastroenterology communinty!  It sounds like you need to see your doctor about this.  Blood testing is incredibly easy.  If you have small or deep veins, try putting a hot pack in the inner crease of your elbow and make sure you have had plenty to drink.  The anxiety about having your blood drawn is worse than the actual poke.
Did you find out anything from the doctor?  I've been having most of the same symptoms.   Have had many heart and GI tests, also lung and gallbladder but all tests are normal.  I don't have reflux, or ulcers, or anything else for that matter.  I even had a gastric emptying study done because I still had food in my stomach after fasting for an upper GI endoscopy.  That test was normal too.  All the tests all show I'm in great shape, but am still having stomach and chest pains all the time.  Sounds like anxiety except I'm not feeling anxious. Or at least I wasn't until all the tests! :)   I have the feeling hot and starting to sweat part too, but I'm perimenopausal.  Because of that, I'm wondering if the other symptoms are because of hormones as well.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers