Gastroenterology Community
constant hunger pains, pain center of chest upper rib cage

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

for the past 2 weeks ive been feeling hungry every 2 hrs. no matter how much or how little....2 hrs later...ill be starving as if i havent ate for days. if i dont eat...its very discomforting. the pain is at the top of my ribcage...center of my chest. it feels like...tight...and alot of pressure. im not sure if its just chest pain...or hunger, but when i eat...the pain wud go away. when im at work...and im busy with clients and cannot eat ...i wud start to feel hot n start to even sweat a bit...i wud also feel light headed. many ppl have told me maybe i am pregnant..i bought a tester today and just took it now...and no signs of a pregnancy. i also sometimes feel sore on my left shoulder blade...ive been trying to diet, ive lost 13 pounds...but from the constant eating ive gain 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks. whole time ive only puked once after i ate. and it was dry. not wet. please help meee im scared. im gonna have to go to the docs in 2 days after the weekend to see ...i will neeed a blood test. i also kno i have high cholesterol as well. helpp!
Welcome to the gastroenterology communinty!  It sounds like you need to see your doctor about this.  Blood testing is incredibly easy.  If you have small or deep veins, try putting a hot pack in the inner crease of your elbow and make sure you have had plenty to drink.  The anxiety about having your blood drawn is worse than the actual poke.
Did you find out anything from the doctor?  I've been having most of the same symptoms.   Have had many heart and GI tests, also lung and gallbladder but all tests are normal.  I don't have reflux, or ulcers, or anything else for that matter.  I even had a gastric emptying study done because I still had food in my stomach after fasting for an upper GI endoscopy.  That test was normal too.  All the tests all show I'm in great shape, but am still having stomach and chest pains all the time.  Sounds like anxiety except I'm not feeling anxious. Or at least I wasn't until all the tests! :)   I have the feeling hot and starting to sweat part too, but I'm perimenopausal.  Because of that, I'm wondering if the other symptoms are because of hormones as well.
I know it's been a couple of years but has anyone gotten relief from hunger pains. I to have these pains and all my workup is normal too.
Im  24, male, athletic and a healthy normal diet, mostly organic and whole foods until i had som troubles with the misses and i moved in with a buddy. No  food no stove no nuttin, so I started eating fast food and from a microwave jus for a month and then suddenly they came, this endless hunger pain and now I can't sleep or work or do anything without bringing my refrigerator with me. I make jokes about it but its serious im still healthy for now but I can't afford this, im eating 10-12 full meals a day and sometimes more wen u count at night, I've begun sleep eating and the chest pain seems to get tighter every time. O and im back on a organic diet getting everything i need and I stay hydrated i have noticed that passing gas does bring some relief but anti-acid meds don't seem to help at all. I am curious thought what is it that all of us have in common, why are there so many different diagnosis' for the same symptoms and what is it and how come noone has posted a confirmed solution????????
Mine ended up being SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth). Two weeks of antibiotics knocked it right out.  I felt better after just 2-3 days.   It came back about 6 months later.  Repeated the antibiotics and it's been gone ever since.
Sounds like stress in your case.  My body totally quit on me after I had a major employment setback.   Any kind of major change can show up in our bodies in many different ways without realizing what's going on.
It's been 3 years since I had posted this but only back here because of a question directed to me I received today. For all those wondering I ended up at the hospital but the doctor was unable to give me a diagnosis. He only pressed around my chest asking me how I felt then gave me pills to take and went home. I actually decided to purchase tums. Took those and it went away. Try tums and if that doesn't work, then go get it checked out. Hopefully you will get an answer better than I did. Good luck! Btw, I haven't had those pains again since :)
I've had similar symptoms over the last 3 years, although they come and go about a couple of months at a time. I've had many test, upper & lower scopes, ultra sounds, x-rays, stress tests, all normal. Sometimes will have a problem with acid reflux and treat with tums. It relives the acid reflux but not the hunger and chest pain. Up to 3 years ago avoided microwaves as much as I could, but about 3 years ago changed jobs and needed to use one regularly to warm lunch. Anyone look into a possible connection in using microwaves.