constant stomach trouble
Have been suffering for the last 3 or 4 months of stomach discomfort pretty  much every single day, no matter what I eat. Pain/discomfort is high up in the stomach area, and accompanied by bloating and severe gas, usually starting in mid-afternoon and lasting until night, often bad enough that it keeps me awake. I have cut out lactose, but the problem has persisted. I have tried cutting out various other things known to cause stomach troubles/gas (coffee, spicy things, greasy/fatty things, certain fruits/vegetables, etc.) but the list of things I can actually eat without feeling disgusting afterwards is very, very short. I have no diarrhea or constipation, just the discomfort and gas. I know I ought to go to the doctor, but frankly, it's embarassing to explain. I haven't tried any over the counter drugs or anything, because I am presently living in a country where english is not the first language, and I dread going to the pharmacy and having to stumble my way through an explanation in a foreign langauge, when I don't even know what I need or if they have it here. I'm exhausted with feeling so horrible all the time...any ideas?
i have suffered similar problems for the last 2 years.
You didnt mention if you consume alcohol. The only time my symptoms subside is if i completely abstain from alcohol. Maybe only temporary until your gastritis or whatever heals.
hope my comments help
marko 149
Have you tried cutting out gluten? For nearly 10 years, I had stomach problems that were explained away by "Irritable Bowel Syndrome." Someone suggested I cut out gluten and low and behold, it helped. I have other issues that don't have anything to do with gluten, but cutting it out made a HUGE difference. If you need help determining if something has gluten in it, here is one link that helped me: http://www.the-gluten-free-chef.com/foods-containing-gluten.html

Hope this helps!
~Starbuck82
Thank you for your comments. I consume alcohol only very infrequently, so I don't believe that is the culprit. I have not tried cutting out gluten - that sounds like a fairly major endeavour, however if it helped it would be totally worth it. Thanks for the link, and again, for your suggestions. C
I had a terrible problem with gas that lasted for about 3 months. I actually went to the Dr. And had to explain it. He just told me to take Gas X, but it didn't help. I started taking acidophollus (not sure if that is correct spelling) - it's a pro-biotic found in yogurt. CURED! You can eat yogurt if you're certain you're not lactose intolerant, but I just take a capsule that I got at a health food store.