constipation, flat stools and irregular bowel movements
Im 20 years old, no past medical hx. Family hx of chron's, Maternal uncle.

I go several days without a bowel movement, usually 3-4. sometimes they are hard, some times are mushy and finally some are extremely loose. I have not had any recent blood in the stool, but have had some in the past.  My stools are often somewhat flat but sometimes normal.

Three years ago I had some narrow pencil like stools for about 5 months that went away, I often had a lot of blood with this.

I have had some very intermittent abdominal cramping. They are usually short busts of pain. Occasional occurring just prior to a bowel movement. The pain is usually minimal but have had a few episodes of pain that caused me to bend over in pain.

I am wondering how I am constipated (not going for four days) but then have a very loose BM.

My worry is colon caner, I know it is rare in my age by the narrow stools scare me.

I had a negative upper GI and small bowel study that was unremarkable.

GI wants to do a colonoscopy. Should I have it? Crohn's vs cancer vs IBS?

thoughts, ideas are appreciated.
Although cancer would be extremely unlikely colonoscopy is the appropriate next step in your evaluation. There are many other causes that could be determined by the procedure.