Gastroenterology Community
cramps
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cramps

I had my gall bladder removed eight years ago. I get cramps after a fatty breakfast.(Eggs, meat, toast). Usually followed by diarhea (diarrhea). Normally I don't have cramps any other time. I thought that bile is building up overnight and my system could handle fatty foods in the morning. Is there anything I can to take to prevent this? I assume it is connected to the gall bladder removal. It only happens with breakfast/fried type foods. Bill
Related Discussions
Many people find that they have trouble with any form of fatty food after GB surgery. There really is little you can do to control the problem unless it's to limit your fatty food intake. There are bile-binding resins like questran that can be used, but they'll sop up fat soluble vitamins which isn't a good thing in the long run. In addition, they can be difficult to titrate so that you don't end up with constipation.

You might look for some posts by Lnape and calcium on the Web - trying to use specific forms of calicum to decrease diarrhea.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank