Gastroenterology Community
ct scan and ultra sound

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

ct scan and ultra sound

I have a question about ct scans and ultra sounds.  I recently had both because I was having severe heartburn and upper abdominal burning sensation.  Both of these were done on the upper abdomen.  Would either or both of these test show stomach cancer or cancer in the lining of the abdomen? That is the only organ they didn't mention when they were saying everything looked good.  They did say my spleen was a little enlarged with the ultra sound but not the CT.  The CT was done about 3 days after the ultra sound.  I have been having upper abdominal pain off and on, but it gets worse after I eat.I am going in for a scope March 3 but I am thinking I should possibly try to get in earlier.  
sounds like a case of acid reflux/gerd.
i wouldnt worry about the stomach cancer,you would have alot more issues then some burning.
sounds like you got decent insurance,and sounds like the docs are going to nurce it for what they can.
you already had a ct scan and it was clear,,,dont take too much stock in the ultrasound saying your slpeen was enlarges,,,,if it was alright on the ct scan,thats all that matters.
you got some indigestion,,,get ya some tums!!