Gastroenterology Community
diarrhea after drinking 2 liters of water in short time

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I think I am getting diarrhea if I drink water too much.

If I start drinking water (like 2 liters in 2-3 hours) then I get diarrhea.

Can this much water which you drink so quickly brings you diarrhea? Or I am the only one?
I have never tried it but that is too much water for such a short period of time.  Why are you drinking so much water?
You're probably overloading your system. The more water you have, the softer your stools will be. Try not drinking so much water and see if that helps.
The average recommended amount of water to drink in a day is 2 liters.  It is okay to drink more in a day if you are doing it slowly throughout the day, but doing that is 2-3 hours is too short of a time, especially if you are having problems.

Thanks for your answers...

I was drinking that because I had kind of irritable bowl syndrome feeling so I wanted to try drinking water.

Thanks for your advice any way