Gastroenterology Community
diarrhea

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

diarrhea

i have had diarrhea for 4 years. recently i have started having pains in my lower stomach and back what could it be?
Tags: diarrhea
Dear Draylon,
Four years of diarrhea, that's a long time.  Medication can often cause that, review what you're taking with your doc, and perhaps change kinds.  Changing eating habits can help diarrhea, more fiber, and enough food in general.

As to the pain you feel in your lower stomach and back, that's about the location of the kidneys, so could be you have a problem there, altho I imagine it may connected to your diarrhea.  I think you should have an ultrasound of your abdomen, see if there are any irregularities with gall bladder, bile duct, kidneys, liver, and so forth, could be any of those that has been doing all this to you.
GG
Ask you doctor to check your fasting gastrin level.