Gastroenterology Community
digestion problem

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

digestion problem

My daughter has had this for over 18 months but it appears to have got worse and she has only just told me as didnt realise it wasnt normal ! But almost anything she eats seems to pass straight through her undigested within an hour of eating. Fish and Chicken seem to be OK but red meat, pasta, rice etc. all seem to go straight through. She also has very low blood pressure and occassionaly faints although seems to have this more under control. I had her bloods and heart tested a year ago due to the fainting but wasnt aware of the digestion problem but it is now very worrying as it seems no food is being absorbed.
I don't know if this is what you are describing, but it is common for people to need to have a bowel movement soon after they eat.  She should see a doctor about her symptoms though.  What was the diagnosis on her fainting?
She has very low blood pressure so apparently fainting is quite common especially at her age. My concern is that she hasnt been digesting the food - it is going straight through as it was. She is also lacking in energy. I have had tests done for coeliac however have to wait 10 days for the results
Low blood pressure can cause fainting but this is not quite common, and it should be treated if she is fainting a lot.  How do you know she hasn't been digesting the food?  Has she been losing weight.
yes losing weight and she is now weak and really tired I guess because the food isnt digesting and therefore not absorbing. The last 36 hours i have cut all gluten from her diet and it seems to be helping as she is keeping food in so maybe an intolerance. I have also had the blood tests done for coeliac but results are not for 10 days