Gastroenterology Community
digestive problem
About This Community:

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

digestive problem

hi couple of months back i had diarrhea and saw blood in my poop went to doctor and he said i had some infection and things got better but again after a month again had diarrhea and vomiting got medication got better after this till now things are not too great wit me i get stomach pains and cant digest my food properly and and if i do eat a bit more my poop gets liquid
my age age is 18 and is there any serious need of going to the doctor pleas help me pleas help
2827584 tn?1340583296
You are right. You need to be seen by a gastroenterologist. Bloody diarrhea in an 18 year old is ot treated by medication alone without a more complete evaluation. It is possible that it was an infectious colitis but 18 is also at a peak age for patients to present with Crohn's disease. The fact that symptoms recurred argues more for the possibility of inflammatory bowel disease.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...