distension of hepatic veins?
Hello. I am a 32 year old white female. I was experiencing pain that was waking me up at night that seems to radiate from my right upper abdomen to my right flank and into my right clavicle/scapula area and even down into my elbow. This persisted for about 4 nights, each episode seemingly happening at the same time every night. Then it started happening during the day, later in the afternoon.  I thought I was having  gall bladder attacks so I saw my doctor who ordered tests (ultrasound, MRI, hida scan). Turns out my gall bladder is working perfectly, liver looks fine but has a "riedel configuration". No venous thrombosis. There is "persistent mild distention of the inferior vena cava and hepatic veins". And incidentally, a good sized ovarian cyst (4.5 x 3.7cm) was discovered on the MRI...right ovary...simple cyst that looks follicular.   I'm not sure what to do...the pain is not as bad now but I still have "twinges"  that seem to start under my right ribs and extend to my right clavicle/neck area when I breathe in/out deeply.  Should I seek further MD attention and if so what kind of doctor?  What causes distention of IVC & hepatic veins?  Thanks for any replies.  
is anyone out there?
Yes, I would definately seek further attention.  I would assume you have seen the GYN dr.  If not see them first.  Also a Gastro dr. should help you.
not quite sure how to answer ur questions about hepatic vein and IVC distention but u should definitely seek a specialist's advice.. u should definitely see a Hepatologist.. it's a GI doc specializing in liver problems.. hope this helps.. hope all is well