diverticulitis - pelvic/rectal pressure
I've was recently diagnosed with diverticulitis during a laparoscopy.  I stayed 2 nights in the hospital and was given a clear liquid diet and 2 days of i.v. antibiotics.  I now have a colonoscopy scheduled in a couple of weeks to further diagnose and treat.  My only two symptoms are an almost constant vaginal, pelvic, and rectal pressure which seems to shift around somewhat.  It is MOST painful when sitting down.  (It's like something heavy is inside me weighing down.)

I'm 40 years old.  I eat high fiber, only weigh 110 pounds, have no problem with bowel movements, and regularly exercise.  

I got a steroid shot yesterday, but it hasn't seemed to help.  I'm also taking pain medication as needed.

Has anyone had symptoms such as mine, and what was done to relieve them?  
I also have rectal pain,mainly when sitting or laying down, almost unbearable to ride in a vehicle for any length of time, My colon and rectal surgeon gave me parfon forte which is a muscle relaxant which did not help also said there wasn't anythiing that could be done about it.I would appreciate any suggestions or help i could get for this most unbearable problem that i have had for app. 2 yrs
look up pelvic, vaginal, rectal prolapse. They can be treated and corrected. Sounds like what your describing. I have had alot of the same issues myself  not every single day but during cycles. and off and on between.